Stealth mini fridge questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dopeman22, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys :wave:, so i am finally starting to get things together with my grow box but i do have some questions if you dont mind helping. I have read through the threads but i am not entirely confident about my fan placements. I plan on having two 60mm(2.3inches) intake fans down low and one 120mm exhaust up top. would that be effective? and since the inner walls are white could i go without getting mylar? any comments would be greatly appreciated.

now time for dexter lol:smoke:

[​IMG]

2. Hey dope,

Congrats on starting your new DIY project. I always like to see mini-fridge grows, and I've seen people with great results.

Anyways, on to your question.

As with all ventilation related issues, the main consideration is the flow of air from outside to inside and to expel the hot air from within the cab. I see no problem with the size of your cab and the size of the fans that you have chosen. As long as the air in the cab is exchanged around once to twice a minute, you'll be golden.

Naturally, with hot air in mind, you would want your exhaust fan as high as possible, so as to prevent an area of hot air building up above the fan level, which would obviously raise temps in the cab a lot. So yeah, my advice, is get the fan high up there.

The white of the fridge is pretty okay, you should be fine with that.

Good luck.

ST

3. Wow this is awesome mate, I never thought of using a fridge!

4. thats for the information smilintime i will mount the fan as high as i can :) and im thinking i may keep it as is but if i run across mylar i know i will end up buying lol

and thanks redman. my progress is going to be slow, but it will come together in time lol

5. Right on man, I too enjoy seeing mini fridge setups, Makes me wish no one would miss the 2nd fridge we have, its a side by side, I could have a perpetual, albeit a small one, but it would still work. ah, maybe some day, also, please keep us updated. Also would it be possible for you to put your exhaust in the ceiling of the fridge, and maybe the whole fridge on a shelf so no one can see though, that way ALL the hot air will be exhausted. Might also help your back depending on how short it is, keeps you from bending over too much.

6. ahh you could always sabotage the the fridge to make it usable as a grow space hhaha

but i was talking to a friend about it today and he threw that suggestion out there. i am going to use this DIY filter http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/569506-diy-carbon-filter-compendium.html and i would make it look as though its just sitting on the top so i am considering doing so now. i will update as i add to the fridge. the fans are supposed to come in tomorrow or friday so maybe i will get to put those in this weekend.

7. How did this pan out?