Stealth growing inside a karaoke machine

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ilovesex, Feb 24, 2007.

1. I decided to stealthily grow inside a hollowed-out karaoke machine and I need some help with a few things since I've never tried growing before.

I'm first wondering if it will be possible to grow with hydroponics in such a small space. The bottom of the box is approx 12 x 10in with a height of about 14in. I don't know where to find a NFT tank kit that small, but if there's one somewhere online then I'd like to know. Or, can I possibly make my own NFT kit if I were to buy a pump and other components separately? I would need a lot of help with that.

I'm also wondering how powerful of a light bulb I'll need if it's such a small space like that, and since the light will be really close to the plant(s). And I'm wondering how many plants I'll have the room to plant in that amount of space as well.

And typically how tall must a plant grow before it flowers? I only have about 14 inches of growing height available inside the box.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

2. 14 inches is not enough height for a plant :(. When you consider the height of the pot or reservoir, and the height of the reflector you are not left with much space for the plant itself. If you are going after stealth I suggest doing a computer/server case grow. You will have a little more space than with the karaoke machine. As long as you put in a working LED and connect some ethernet cables to the back of the case you can tell people that it's your file server and they will believe it.

3. Damn. Alright, thanks. I'm still interested in finding a compact NFT tank for inside a device like this, so if anyone knows of where to find one that would be cool.

4. 14 inches... would just be enough for a very low SCROG grow, put the frame at about 6 inches above the plant which leaves 8 inches for bud, but thats still pushing it.

Plus you would need room for lights and grow medium, If I was you, I would sell the karoke machine and buy a tall computer case.