Stealth Grow Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vortexx, May 28, 2010.

1. Alright, so i have been thinking about starting a stealth grow just for fun. I have a cabinet in mind. the inside of the cabinet is 1.5-2 feet high. At first i was thinking of just putting in a cfl but i was wondering if that was my only lighting choice for the cabinet.
    Is hps or metal halide an option? And if so how would i install it into the cabinet?

2. what are you putting it in a computer case?

are you sure it's even worth doing that small?

you're probably stuck with cfl's at that size.

my question is how are you going to keep the plant small enough.

You probably could low stress train, but man, that's tiny.

You'll only get like an oz. assuming your box is as narrow as it is tall.

remember you pot has to be in there too. that lifts your plant about 5-8 inches.

have you thought about finding an old or even broken deep freezer? They have locks on them sometimes, they are big enough to make it worth it, and they are supposed to use electricity and make noise.

You might be able to find one for free.

3. Alright forgot to mention this. My plans are not to actually flower it in the cabinet. I was going to grow them to about 8 inches tall then transplant outdoors.
    I have a desk with a very deep cabinet. i measured it with a ruler. its exactly 1.5 feet.
    The main problem i have is finding a light fixture that would fit well into the cabinet.

4. Metal Halide MH HID Ballast Kit

run a 50-100 watt metal halide.

build a mini cool tube,
    buy the bulb and socket.

it's going to run you 100 bucks or so, but it will be the best you could do.

grow in plastic cups.

if you don't want to do all of that and worry about heat get yourself some cfls

i can't really say because i don't know the rest of the dimensions. you might be able to use some 24" t5ho's if you can angle them up the walls diagonally.

5. Thanks for the help, +rep

I might go for the cfl's because i really dont want to worry about fire hazard and i will not be home for most of the time.