Stealth grow questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedcentral08, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Let me tell you guys first that I do have some experience with stealth growing. Me and my friend took a large computer case and made it into a place to grow one plant just to see if it could be done.

Now I working on a new project using 5 gallon buckets. Im thinking of growing a plant inside two five gallon buckets that have been joined together.

The buckets would stand quite tall if I stacked them vertically. So Im going to take the buckets and lie them down on their side and the plant will grow side ways inside.

Now a few questions I have. I read up on scrog which takes the plants and grows it outward not upward. Thats the same thing I plan to do.

I also plan on cutting a whole in the lid of the bucket and fixing a carbon scrubber into it. so I can just snap the lid back on. Then on the other side Im planning to put the light and fix it into the underside of the bucket.

I can just hide the thing underneath a bed and when it needs to be watered I can easily just take the lid off.

Does anybody think it can be done?

Also I need a light that does not give off to much heat. Due to being around so much plastic it might catch fire. Do they have such lights with low heat emission?

Thank you

2. U should stick with the comp case its more stealthy. Buckets under the bed ur asking for trouble plus if that catches fire your ass is toast & not the good toast like poweder toastman. I would say go with a Gorrila Outdoor grow & dont tell a soul as for cool lights http://stealthhydroponics.com should help you out. If i wasnt so lazy i would find you the link of the dude who made a grow box in a trash can if there is a will there is a way.

3. Ive changed my idea a bit. Im going to actually use CFL's and I will take the bucket and put it behind a wall. Behind a Bookcase. Ill be able to get through by lifitng the bookcase backoff it.

Can plants be grown sideways?