Stealth Grow Box Plans

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tenacious Trichomes, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hey guys!! New to the forum, first post at that. Been a lurker for a while and decided to join...

Anyway, I'm looking at starting my own stealth grow box. 1-2 plants flowering, contemplating on a mother to cut a clone and veg when needed. Saves time and headaches (and money as well) when dealing with seeds. Done outdoor many times but now need stealth. I was thinking on building a grow box and using CFL for lighting (budget is an issue). Will hook up carbon exhaust and LFT the flowering plant. I understand basics on veg and flowering light spectrums etc... Know all about sexing ...

What I'm looking for is how big of a space will I need for the mother clone side and looking for plans to build this box. Again, size is an issue as stealth is my main concern. Any help is very appreciated. I've googled and searched the forums and am hard pressed to find build plans for stealth grow that incorporates a mother side and flowering side. This stealth is obviously for personal use hence why I'm only doing 1-2 flowering plants.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!!

2. id say give the mother as mch feet as possible cause shes just gonna keep getting bigger... and youll only be able to take a number of clones off one mother cause she wont have time to re grow the branches u cut off if i were you id just stick with growing with seeds...

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

3. Thanks TG! So if I plan on going the route of seeds, I know the rule is 100 watts per plant plus 50 watts each after. How big of a box should I need to house 2 flowering plants this way. As stated above, I will be LST the plants to get the most out of the small space. So that will spread them out a bit using that method.

4. I'm thinking on going with a 2'x2'x3' box (4 sq ft) with about 150-175 w CFL. I know most recommend 100 watts per plant of light then 50 watts for each additional. But I've also read min. 30 watts/sq ft minimum 50 watts recommended minimum. My dimensions would have me between 37.5 - 44 watts/sq ft. Is this too little of light in the grow? Again plan on doing 2 plants from start to finish in this box using seeds and will be swapping bulbs from veg to flower.

Also, is there a difference between pressure treated plywood and marine grade plywood? Will be framing with 2"x2" and using 1/2" plywood to close in...

5. #5 CanadianOrganic, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    That will just be enough light, don't expect much but you can do it - just make sure you get some reflective material such as mylar to line the inside and/or make a hood to reflect the light that's lost from the top of the bulbs.

6. How much room would I need for two plants to flower LST them? I could make the box smaller if that will work which would increase the watts per sq feet. Or I can just do one plant if that would turn out better... Thoughts?

7. Just so you have realistic expectations, a big plywood box is not stealthy.

A 6 foot by 8 foot room in the back of a garage made to look like a spare bathroom would be more useful.

8. #8 Green Knight, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  9. I know it won't be super stealth but I have cabinets and storage all over...just another wooden cabinet.....

Thanks silverstacks...reading through it right now.