Stealth Fridge Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by smokenlightning, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Thanks for reading my first post!

I had an old fridge (actually a stand up freezer) that died so I decided to put my DIY skills to work. The fridge has a roughly 4 sqft base and is about 40" tall. I cut 2 4" holes in the bottom and installed 2 4" inline duct fans, 1 on the left for intake, 1 on the right for exhaust that is plumbed to the top to remove as much heat as possible. The fans are 80cfm. The exhaust fan exits the bottom where I removed the old fridge compressor from under the fridge and now have room for a can filter setup. Inside I installed an electrical junction box for convenience and run a 4" table top fan for circulation from that box.

For lighting I managed to snag a 3 light bathroom fixture for $5 that I have 2 "Y"s running 2 4100k 150w eq, 2 6500k 100w eq, and (for now) 1 6500k 60w eq that I plan on replacing with another 2 bulb "y"... I made the light shroud out of the leftover 4" peice of duct and is hung by adjustable chains from above. As of now I am at about 9200 lumens.

I have a ton of seeds leftover from a buddy's spoiled crop that was not bad smoke and planted 26 seeds in one of those "jiffy" kits and plan to keep 4-6 and put the rest outside.

My average temps run between 84-92f (a bit hi, I know). Anyway, just thought I would share my setup and welcome any suggestions. This is my 2nd grow and first in this setup and I will be using soil as my medium.

Attached Files:

• 613.jpg
      613.jpg
      File size:
      126.3 KB
      Views:
    • 611.jpg
      611.jpg
      File size:
      247.6 KB
      Views:
    • 608.jpg
      608.jpg
      File size:
      231.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Dang 26 seeds. Gonna be a big harvest micro indoors and outdoors too

Cool setup better work on getting the temp down :D good luck ill be watching