Stealth Dresser v. Need Advice **PIC**

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by LinkDead56k, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Sup guys? This is my first attempt at anything like this. I just acquired a dresser yesterday and gutted it, for the most part.

From looking at the picture what do you guys think I can realistically work with? I was thinking about keeping what is attached at the top for lighting purposes and whatnot. I would appreciate any input.

Dimensions:
    34 1/2in (h), 28 5/16in (w), 16 1/4in (d)

2. #2 Cgregory23, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    You could probably run 2-4 autoflowers in there at a time.... I would go t5 flourescent for that space.. Also is the 34 inch measurement the bottom to the top shelf part or bottom all the way to the top? If its the whole thing I would take the shelf out, hang lighting so it's always at least a few inches from ceiling and there cut a hole for whatever fan you get. Paint the inside ll white or cover in Mylar.

Just saw its only 16inches deep.. Not many t5 options for that... On my local craigslist I always see 150-250 watt all included (ballast is part of light) hps lights... They are usually pretty cheap, like $100 or less. You should look into that and then check out amazon for fans... There is a popular 6" 250cfm or something like that always around $25

3. You can get a 2-wide

Amazon.com: FLT22 Two Tube T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System: Patio, Lawn & Garden

only 9" deep, you could probably angle 2 of them to take up 8" each (like this: / \ inside) and still have them basically pointed downwards?

Or rock a couple of these babies... yeowch!

http://www.amazon.com/FLCDG125D-125-Watt-Compact-Fluorescent-System/dp/B001UV6P9I

4. Thank you all for the responses.

What would be the cheapest route for lights? I hear people with Cfls have had pretty good results. Also I don't want my energy bill to go up that much. Would LEDs be a good choice?

5. Lol @ everyone hating, just trying to help out lol. Flourescent generally do not produce the greatest yields. And only produce gapped, airy buds that look scraggly as hell in a bag. Lol. But with low stress training and fluorescents, you can be good to go...

And yes LEDs would be a good route if you have the money.

6. I would recommend Cfls for that dresser....check out my grow and my cfl box. Built my dresser little over a month ago and my babies are growing big n strong :)

7. Awesome. I will check out your grow!! Mind if I PM you if I have any questions??

8. [quote name='"LinkDead56k"']

Awesome. I will check out your grow!! Mind if I PM you if I have any questions??[/quote]

Not at all! I'm still learning myself but whatever I can help a fellow smoker/grower out with I will!

9. #10 LinkDead56k, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    I did some research on lights and it seems like Cfls will be my best bet for now; not trying to up my energy bill too much and I guess t5s aren't the greatest. I picked up a six pack of 26 watt (100 eq) Cfls. What should I do for flowering/veg? Would the Cfls be good for both? Sorry for all the questions

10. 150w hps
    cool tube
    4'' inline blower w speed controller
    couple white compact flors for veg to compliment the hps

11. [quote name='"LinkDead56k"']

I did some research on lights and it seems like Cfls will be my best bet for now; not trying to up my energy bill too much and I guess t5s aren't the greatest. I picked up a six pack of 26 watt (100 eq) Cfls. What should I do for flowering/veg? Would the Cfls be good for both? Sorry for all the questions[/quote]

How is your light source coming along? Did you get my post on how I made them... Theres a video on YouTube..search "how to build a CFL grow light fixture-CHEAP"

12. I bought some more stuff today and I will be hitting the hardware shop again tomorrow. My only issue with making that hood is that I do not have access to a drill and I am trying to keep eliminate any large expenses, but I think I know of a way to ghetto rig something...

Do you have a filter in your box? That's another thing I am trying to work on

13. [quote name='"LinkDead56k"']
    I bought some more stuff today and I will be hitting the hardware shop again tomorrow. My only issue with making that hood is that I do not have access to a drill and I am trying to keep eliminate any large expenses, but I think I know of a way to ghetto rig something...

Do you have a filter in your box? That's another thing I am trying to work on[/quote]

I didn't use a drill ether. Use a punch to create holes in the duct work and a screw driver to screw it to the wood sides....if you didn't search for that video you should. Creating a light fixture like this is great because you can add hooks to the top and use chains to raise and lower them when needed.

As for a filter I do not because it's just me n my buddy and we love the smell...it's all in the basement and doesn't affect the upstairs anyways

14. Not sure what you mean by that

T5 are ~100 lumens per watt. CFL is ~60-70.

T5 are 50% more light output compared to CFL... Not sure why that's worse, I don't think you did your research quite right.

15. [quote name='"hello ladies"']

Not sure what you mean by that

T5 are ~100 lumens per watt. CFL is ~60-70.

T5 are 50% more light output compared to CFL... Not sure why that's worse, I don't think you did your research quite right.[/quote]

Cfls are cheaper on the hydro bill is what he means I think

16. #17 LinkDead56k, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    Ok. Here are some updated pics. Took long enough! My babies are on their way as well...

Also thinking about moving the fans up and putting them at an angle

I have some light leaks coming out the side of the door... any suggestions for that?? Also should my intake hole be on the base? Or the wall? (thinking bottom left corner, and how would I prevent light leaks from that?)

17. Talking about my energy bill...

18. check LoveMyBudz thread he had same problem and solved it using interoir curtain attached by velcro