Stealth Dresser Build

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SaHt420, Sep 21, 2018.

1. I'm Building a somewhat stealth dresser grow.

The dimensions are
    Height=40"
    Width=26"
    Depth=15"

I plan to scrog at 22" with 19" above that
    I sort of need the heat so I am gonna run a 150w hps
    I know a qb led would be much better for overall yield but it is starting to turn winter the heat will help.
    Now I want to use a carbon filter with a 4" inline fan exhaust and haven't found anything for intake yet.

Will the height restrict me from using a 150w hps or would it be better to scrog lower?
    Any help appreciated thanks.

Will post pics in a little bit

2. You should just about manage it but it will be a hell of a squeeze. Probably no need for an intake fan as the exhaust fan should be able to remove all the air many times over in a short amount of time. That height is going to be a real disability though. You'll likely need at least a foot gap between the top of the plants and the bulb, the pot will take up a foot, the bulb and hood will take up 6 inches. That leaves about 10 inches for the plant. How will you fit a carbon filter and fan in there ?

3. This was a 4ft tall wooden box I made. It had a 250w HPS. At the start it looked promising

[​IMG]

I filled the ScrOG screen right up before switching to 12/12

[​IMG]

The canopy grew beautifully

[​IMG]

Then days later I ran out of height

[​IMG]

I had no choice but to buy a tent

[​IMG]

And I soon realised I should've done that in the first place

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea I was thinking about having the fan outside with just the filter inside
    What about an 300w led panel from some were like viraspectra

5. If you want to do led, check out quantum boards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Well here she is still have to cut vent holes and line it with something but she is coming along. 15375663736091584670569.jpg 1537566404361549289241.jpg 15375664178331023502882.jpg 15375664283232125209609.jpg 15375664392171952692813.jpg 15375664599571204650922.jpg 15375664746431595005294.jpg 1537566489243950753242.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah that might work, but the filter will still take up some room. Why not make the box taller? Anything under 5' is going to give you problems that you'll have to overcome. But 6-7' will be much easier

Why will it be cold? Heat will be your biggest issue with such a short grow box. It's very unlikely to get cold in there. Some QB LEDs would be great, you could probably get 250-300w in there without it getting too hot

8. Height is sort of an issue cause ik the box isn't very stealth but the taller it is the more someone who might see it be curious and the temps well I live in the north and it will be getting cold here soon so the room it will be in doesn't have a heat source and it gets pretty cold in their and I have no other room to put it in but I might do a qb if it will work in the height restrictions

9. Won't they hear it?

10. Yea I guess but in that same room is a fish tank, computer, and a.c. unit so it shouldn't be that bad and I don't have the materials to make a 6ft grow box I would have to buy all the plywood and stuff.

I plan on getting a tent and what not when I have the extra cash but I want to get at least a couple grows under my belt before I throw a lot of money into growing

• Like Like x 1
  11. What size clip fan should I get for canopy?
    it will go right above scrog
    I was thinking 4in but it 6in to big for this small space plus c.f. and light

12. I'd probably go for the biggest one you can fit in there. If you went with a 4", you'll probably need a few of them as that's pretty small

13. Alright so I'll get a 6in

• Like Like x 1
  14. What intake fan would y'all recommend for an intake?

I don't want to use a 4in inline cause it would be to much pressure inside since I don't want to use a passive intake any suggestions on what fan I could use as an intake

Thanks

15. What fan are you using as an exhaust ?

16. 4in inline with carbon filter when time comes I think it's close to 190cfm

17. When I built this little box I used a 4" systemair fan to exhaust it and a couple of computer fans drawing air in at the bottom. But I found the exhaust fan drew air in at such speed that they didn't really make any difference. I think I took them off in the end and just left the holes open and it didn't effect the temperature much

The 4" systemair fan is rated at 184m3/hour
    Which I believe is about 108 cubic foot per minute

[​IMG]

18. Nice I'll try passive if it doesn't work out I'll throw in a couple little fans

How did you mount that fan and did it vibrate the box any making an irritating sound

19. I screwed in two cup hooks above the fan and strung a loop of paracord from one hook, under the fan, and then up on to the other hook. The other side of the fan slid in to the hole in the back straight in to acoustic ducting, so it had some insulation around it. This must've cushioned it from the wood. I didn't have any noise or vibration from it. The pc fans noise was a bit amplified from the back board though