Stealth closet?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MastahDreads, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Has anyone ever encountered something liked maybe a cut out back of a closet that you could slide back in place.

2. no but im sure with a bit of ingenuity you could make one. Fuck it id just smash a hole in the back then get a slightly larger sheet of plywood to cover it up. As long as theres negative pressure the small gaps don't matter to much as long as there aren't huge light leaks

3. Do you know of any way it could be done. If I do it I will have a sawzall to cut the sheet rock nicely. How do you think it could be kept from falling out? And how would you fix light leaks if there were any?

4. cut a square out of the back, then screw some hinges in at the bottom edge so it opens outwards/downwards. then all you have to do is make or find some plastic clips to put at the top so that it stays shut. Lightproof with duct tape or plastic sheet

5. Do you think you would need a ventilation system?

6. oh yes

7. Do you know how to setup a silent ventilation system?

8. 12v computer fans are fairly quiet

9. How do you hook them up with some power?

10. phone charger. make sure you look at the amps or miliamps on the adapter though, you have to make sure the fans don't exceed the total amount the charger can create.

if you search for goldgrower hes got a killer thread in his sig which tells you all about wiring pc fans up to ac dc adapters. Hes a fucking hero

11. I was checking out that dudes forums and he has some pretty good ones. If I ever get a chance at making this closet then I'm definitely keeping you guys informed on it.

12. Started a small crawl space.
    Picture one:
    Poked holes to see how big of a cavity I could work with. It's big enough to hold one plant.
    Picture two is of the lines I've made that I'm gonna cut out.

Attached Files: