stealth Cfl Skunk/Nl/Ns/TS grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wengmastachung, May 31, 2009.

1. those plants are looking amazing. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

LSTing is a good idea. I started my girl real young with it and she's taken to it like a champ. I'm almost willing to seriously promote early life LSTing

2. kinda funny I got the kc brains nl special and the 5 free thai skunks too, bad luck germinating those nl plants only 4 out of 10 seeds and all 4 were male. I hate to tell you this but yours looks male too, I will never buy kc brains seeds again. also all 5 of my skunks germed fine but 3 out of 5 were male and still sexing the other two.
    try feminized seeds next time, they are more money but worth it..

3. Ya next grow im def. doing more with LST. if anything it lets me keep better control of the hieght of the plant so i dont have to dick around with moving the lights as much.

I hope tinman is right and not ORcoast lol. But ya i only tryed germing one of the NL seeds from KC brains so it remains to be seen if the others work out ( gonna try them next grow prob) And the Skunk is a fem seed, i figured id get 1 Fem seed so i was gonna no matter what have at least 1 female. and it would be just bad luck if the other 3 were male.

4. hey dude,

how are those heat issues working out for ya?

and you mentioned space issues earlier....

why don't you keep the box you have now for flowering, since it seems to be good space for 3 plants, and build a rubbermaid for seed-through-veg stages? You could stack the bin right ontop of that box you have now.

I think my problem is that one of the best parts of this hobby is constructing your method to grow haha. I've found my grow system has been perpetually evolving and I want to constantly improve it haha. I think my box will start developing consciousness soon. It's going to be like Terminator.

5. Ive been running my window AC unit to keep my room cooler so the box is staying around 77-87. Im gonna buy a new fan so i can add an extra exhaust hole. and im a little more skilled with my hole boring tool so this one will prob. be less of a mess.

I was thinking about the rubber made but i have 3 housemates that i dont want knowing about it really. they knew i grew once but they would all tell their friends so its best if they dont know, and a rubber made would look kind of strange.

Got 2 new pics of the plants at 1 month and 1 day. they have all been ferted once with the 20-20-20 and all responded really well to it. It says the recommended str was 1/2 tsp to 1 gallon every 2 weeks but i used 1/4 tsp so i might just use it every other watering and see how they react to it.

The first pic is of the Night Shade, Northern lights, and Skunk(female) plants.(respectivly)

second pick is a top view of the LST-ed Thai Skunk which im really liking how its looking. at first it seemed kind of retarded looking but now the branches are really pushing up with the main tip. Im not sure if i should be tieing down the branches or not but for now im just kinda letting them figure it out.

Attached Files:

6. So i got bored this afternoon and was playing with my plants and decided that the NL plant needed to be topped!!! The plant was getting vastly taller then the others and i want to see what kind of results ill get from it.

Here are some pics of the post topping.

Attached Files:

7. A good topping never hurt anybody lol ...

Looking good brother ....

Keep up the Green ...

I'll be back by again soon to check out your progress ...

Best Regards EazyGreen .....

8. got some new pics. First is of all 4. I moved the Northern lights out of the prime lighting position on account of possible balls growing between its legs and replaced it with the Nightshade plant.

Ive always guessed the NL as a male and its looking like its getting pollen sacs more and more, however, since none of the other plants have any kind of vag's yet im gonna leave him in there a little longer, if not just to see how the topping goes.

the other pic is of the Beautiful Thai skunk being LSTed. i tied down some of its branches so they would be more even with the rest of them.

Heat is running between 69-81 which im happy about. i guess all i had to do was drop the room temp a little bit. It was a solid 90 degrees in my room so there was no way the box was gonna get any cooler then that.

Attached Files:

9. As I eat the greasiest panzerotti I've ever had...I must comment on how attractive your family is.

10. Thank you, i was admiring them for a good 20 min today.

BIG NEWS!!!!

anyway, i got a new lighting system going, after a good back breaking lift at the gym i ran over to home depot before the bus arrived and grabbed some new lights and soil. however the bus lets off a mile away from my house so i had to walk home with 6 gallons of wet dirt and a bunch of lights. not fun.

alas, my new light setup is as followed. 1 68 watt 4200 lumen 2700k bulb ( middle) 2 30 watt 3500k bulbs ( sides ) and 2 23 watt 3500k bulbs ( also on sides) that adds up to like 170 watts or something.

i got rid of my 5500k bulbs because im gonna start flowering soon. figured id change the lights up then on sunday start them on 12/12.

Also added a pad lock to the box so as to keep it locked and firmly shut, releasing less light out the cracks in the sides.

Got new soil. Organic choice potting soil via miracle grow. I got three 2gallon bags( i think the northern lights is a male so hes not gonna get a new pot!!! ) and im just gonna mix in a big serving of perlite by miracle grow and throw the plants right into the bags the dirt came in. Ill have to poke some holes in the bottom and figure out some kind of run off collector for them.

so stupid me, while adjusting my lights i stuck my finger in my exhaust fan and busted one of the fan blades. now its a noisy gimp. gonna replace it when i get time, not to concerned right now with the noise, ill just play music at all times. hehe.

Attached Files:

11. sounds good man, I saw those big 68 watt bulbs at home depot and they look impressive. how bright does it look when its on?? hey just break off the blade directly across from the broken one and it will balance it out..redneck enginooity

12. unfortunately the fan starts off with 7 blades so theres no across blade. also i guess i snapped some of the plastic frame too so thats all busted. oh well, will just grab another from radio shack for 10 bucks and replace it.

also, the light is like a friggen star in my box. im blinded when i look at my plants if my eyes arent used to the light!

All hell broke loose in the box. first off i forgot that since i didnt have an exhaust fan going the box turned the heat up a few notches. if that wasnt bad enough the friggen 68 watt light fell down from the tension bar and landed smack dab in the middle of my Thai skunk plant! stupid mother fucker. anyway, the plant has some burns but overall it doesnt look too damaged. i re duck taped the light up so it should hold a little better. im gonna have to put my big ass room fan pointed in the box with the door cracked to get some air in there.

13. Well i guess i screwed up my last post cuz it aint here no mo. anyway heres some updates. ill do it in two posts for dramatic effect.

Went away on vacation for a few days, one fan was broken so it was pretty toasty, never went over 95 tho. had a friend check in on them now and then when he had time to make sure they didnt die.

once i got back a had a sad family waiting for me. on the bright side, the SKunk has its female pre-flowers going in its top nodes.

got there pics of them being sad.:(

Attached Files:

14. 5 1/2 weeks old!

a day later after giving all the babies ferts we got a nice looking family! also the Nightshade girl who had a rough childhood ( could barely stand up ) has started showing off her tits! im glad i kept her after all.

the Northern lights plant is still looking pretty male, im gonna 12/12 to be sure then whack him or keep him. hes is damn big tho! its a shame the biggest of the litter is a useless boy. His topping is looking pretty good tho, taking to it quite well.

The Skunk female is short and stocky but has great shape and will def hold lots of nugs, im excited for her!

the Thai Skunk is looking even better with her branches all tied down, im trying to get a lot of light into her base so i get lots of branch growth, still waiting to see if its a guy or girl tho. im really hoping girl since right now its my strongest looking plant branch wise.

I added a bunch of new vent holes and bought 2 new fans. i also fitted all the back vent holes ( featured in pics ) with pvc elbows then duck taped them in to cover the cracks.

Ive got 3 2 gallon bags of miracle grow organic im gonna the plants in ( bought 3 cuz i think the NL is male, can always get another one if hes not) just waitng on sex before i do it. i need to light proof the box tho, and im not sure how to do my exhaust vent, its a pretty ugly job and not much space to work with behind the box and between the wall.

Attached Files:

15. good to see ya back, Im going on vacation for 3 days soon and dont have anyone to watch my babies. thank god the last two I have flowering are being harvested tonight and tomorrow. better to under water than over water though, they bounced back like clockwork. my thai skunk girls are lookin awesome, I didnt have feminized seeds and only two of four were girls..

16. Ya man im really happy with the Thai Skunk plant so far. Its been the most consistant plant so far. I really hope its female! Make sure you water before you leave for vacation, i did a day before and they looked really shotty. Just have your fans going full so theres now heat issues and you should be fine.

17. Update:

The Northern lights plant is def. male, so i pulled him out of the pot and threw him into the woods. if hes strong he will grow himself lol. anyway, i took lots of pics of him before the funeral.

Then i drunkenly transplanted the Night shade and Skunk plants into the grow bags, ill get pics of that tonight. The only problem is that the nightshade is getting to tall for the box. i might have to top her, but im afraid the two new branches formed at the top will just get too tall anyway like the NL plant was doing.

I left the Thai skunk to be transplanted tonight. lots of duck tape holding her in lst that needs to be dealt with. still no sign of sex on it tho. soo 2 females and 1 unknown.

Attached Files:

18. Dude that sucks the Nor Lights would have been awesome. Are the other plants female or are you still waiting?

19. these are my two thai skunk girls, I have five more that are about 5in tall I got free as well so I hope a few of them are girls. every N. lights plant I had was male, I couldnt belive the luck

Attached Files:

20. My Skunk and Nightshade plants are female. i wish i had a better camera then my cell phone. Maybe ill get my sister to come take pics when they start flowering.