stealth Cfl Skunk/Nl/Ns/TS grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wengmastachung, May 31, 2009.

1. Just got back from city doing a pub crawl on saturday and the babies boomed! Here are some pics, kinda tried so not gonna comment too much.

The Thai Skunk plant is doing pretty well, second biggest overall. and not to much stretching.

The Skunk girl is still really low to the ground with small leaves but it is at least growing. Moved her into the middle of the box to try and see if she will get more light there.

The Nightshade plant is coming back from a weak stem issue i circumnavigated with dental floss and a nail. Still pretty flimsy tho.

Last but not least is the No lights plant. first to germinate and biggest by far. a little more stretched out then the TS plant but also way biggest leaves and a whole node taller. Reminds me of my last batch where the biggest and boldest ended up being male. Hope this aint the case.

Attached Files:

2. So i was kinda in a hurry last night so i didnt include much info BUT...

Last friday i filled the last inch of room left in the pots with some organic topsoil. ill see how that works out for them, right off the bat i can tell that top soil doesnt drain as well as the shultz shit ive been using.

gonna order some mylar soon to try and increase my light efficiency in the box and maybe make a make shift reflector to hang above the lights by using a peice of card board with mylar taped to it.

3. Your plants are looking good and thanks for stopping by my journal. I wonder whose Northern Lights plant will do better:smoke:

4. #24 HighOnTheHill, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    Lookin' good bro. They're not really stretching mayne, just keep the lights down there.

Keep looking into more lights if you will. Can never have enough with CFL's. I veg under 356w of CFL power and Veg under 400w HPS in a cab that's smaller than yours.

I was going to answer your fan question, I had the same problem. Make sure its a 12v adaptor and they'll run full speed. Seems like you already got that fixed.

Defiantly add some more intake holes. I can almost guarantee you that you'll notice a temperature drop with each hole you put in there. I've got like eleven 2" intakes, and one 5" intake. Granted that might be overkill, but that HPS gets hot!

I got back to you about that light strip you were asking about. It's just a 10 dollar bathroom vanity fixture from Lowe's (Menards, Home Depot, any of 'em). Put more detailed instructions on my journal.

Oh you might want to look into a transplant pretty soon. Those containers aren't big enough for the whole grow. With the height you're using, get a 2 or 3 gallon grow bag/bucket. I prefer the bags as they're taller than they are wide, and MJ likes a deep root system.

General rule of thumb is 1 gallon per foot of growth.

Edit: As far as your ferts go, you want a high N ratio for veg and a high P ratio for flowering. If you don't know what I'm referring to, its the N-P-K ratio that's on every package of plant food you'll buy.

Molasses alone won't be enough in veg. Good idea to use it though. You still want a bloom fertilizer for flowering.

5. I got a 20-20-20 fert called Jacks Classic all purpose 20-20-20 with micro nutrients. It was from my last grow which despite the shitty lights had alright veging growth. Gonna get the Flowering nutes closer to flowering so i dont have tons of ferts lieing around.

6. Adding Two more vent holes in the bottom and the temp dropped pretty quick. I also had my door open all day to air out the room so that might also have been helping out. Prob gonna put 2 more in when no ones in the house.

I forget where but i remember reading it was bad to have a fan always blowing on the plants. My fans dont ossilate so i just keep them blowing all the time. It doesnt seem to be effecting them yet tho.

7. Plants are 13 Days Old now. All are looking pretty good so far. The skunk female has made the most improvement since i moved her a little closer to the lights. the Northern lights plant is still dominating the box in size tho. The Thai skunk is still a little smaller then the other 2 but its stem cant hold itself up now which is a good sign. ill prob get rid of the nail soon.

Got a pic of each one plus one of them all and one of the NL plant up close.

Attached Files:

8. wow. all i can say is that i am on day 23 and my baby is no where near the size of yours. awesome

9. looking good man they're huge for their age. goodluck man I'll be back in here

10. Thanks you!

Got some new pics at 20 days old. i guess 21 since its 1am but whatever. i watered the NL plant yesterday and it had a nice little growth spurt and i watered the TS plant today and its looking nice and perky now. ill prob water the other 2 tomorrow since they are sojmewaht smaller and arent as thirsty.

got some pics of the stout skunk fem, a top view of the big ass Northern lights plant, a side view of the Thai skunk and a shot of the night shade Northern lights and skunk plants in the box.

Attached Files:

11. I decided to start LSTing the Thai skunk plant since it seemed to be the best candidate for it. i did it last night and got a pic of her right after being tied down. she already is poking her head back up to the light at a pretty good bend. I didnt want to bend her to far down to the dirt and break her tho.

Attached Files:

12. Got some new pics of the plants at 3 weeks old!

the skunk plant is super bushy. its weird cuz its getting the same lights and has the same soil as the rest of them but its way smaller and bushier. the plant is so compact that light barely gets to its branches.

the shot of the big northern light plant was before it got watered. a couple hours later and its branches are straight out and looking lively.

the Thai skunk that i Lsted is looking pretty nice. it has the biggest branches of any of the plants now. Im gonna have to transplant them so im not putting that much effort into it. just trying to get some light on the inside of it.

the Night shade is still pretty whimpy, but slowly catching up. its prob about a week behind the other 2 plants. im not sure if its looking better or worst then the skunk. its got more size but it looks kinda weak.

Been having some heat issues in the box. getting 90 degree heat all day. Might have to put more intake holes and then add the pvc pipes for light blocking sooner or later. its been 70% humidity so hopefully once tyhat drops the heat will fall a little too.

Attached Files:

13. They look great man, and to fix your heat problems put some ice packs/ice cubes in the bottom of the bin, naturally the ice cubes will cool the air in the bin, evaporate, and make it more humid. Ice packs also work great, maybe stick one inside a PVC pipe intake to cool the intake air?

I started experimenting with Ice today and kept my temps below 88 for 12 hours straight (today was REALLY hot too).

Just gotta add ice every couple hours because it evaps quick.

14. hmmm gonna have to commandeer some ice then. Maybe ill add another intake hole or 2 today if my roomates leave and i have some time to do some secret drilling!

15. got a nice pic of the northern light plant, which i think might be starting to preflower. its to early to tell tho.

I tied down the thai skunk plant again. its getting some monster branches on it now. couldnt get a satisfying picture yet tho. gonna give it a couple days to grow a little more before i snap another.

was a little cooler out today so the box dropped in heat, gonna have to fix my icemaker soon tho!

Attached Files:

16. just some pics of the LSTing on the Thai skunk. got it tied down three places. got some nice shots of both sides of it. also a nice shot of the No lights plant.

Attached Files:

17. Great grow. I wished i LSTed my NL plant it got huge during the 4th week. I can't wait to see these plants flowering.

18. Ya i kinda wished i had LSTed them all but ive never done it before and i want to compare results in bud between lsted and not. the plants are almost a month old now.

used my 20-20-20 fertilizer on two of the plants yesterday. The picture of the sad looking plant is the very thirsty Northern lights plant in need of some water. I gave the NL and the NightShade plant both a good watering with a fert mixture of 1/4 teaspoon of that Jacks Classic 20-20-20 added to a gallon of water. gave them about a 1/4 gallons worth each.

The skunk and Ts prob will need to be watered tonight or tommorow. Will give them the remaining half gallon.

the other pic is off a preflower on the Northern lights plant, which im leaning towards being a male but its too small to tell now so im not jumping to any conclusions yet. (i know the pic sucks but really only i have is a cell phone camera and a 4x mag glass.)

Had a light fall on the plants and cause some minor burns, had to clip off a fan leaf on the NL plant because it was so damn ugly afterword. Opened up some space for light to hit the middle of the plant tho, maybe will promote some branching.

Things i need to buy / do (making this to remind myself)
    More vent holes so i dont need to use my room AC all day to keep temps down.
    get a personal fan from target so i can put the other comp fan as a exhaust.
    get more soil ( organic if they have it)
    get some bigger pots ( bigger pots = more pot )
    get my flowering light bulbs ( gonna break my meager bank account in )
    Buy a new lock!

Attached Files:

19. Looking great man, your gals look healthy man. I need to source some pipe cleaners for my LST'ing because paper clips don't reach that far down and she pulls them out of the soil :(

Anyhow man keep it up. Some day I hope to have multiple plants such as yourself :ey:

20. Hey the plants are looking nice. That might not be a male mine had a little bump like that and it grew a little hair so i think its a female.