Stealth bubbleponics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gmd, Sep 20, 2009.

1. I was making a smaller bubbleponics I have a container that's 8 quarts but kinda tall. My question is I have two net pots. One is 3 inch diameter and other is 6 inch. Could I get away with putting a clone in the 3 inch or would the 6 inch be too big for the container?

2. Yes, you can put a clone in a 3" net pot for a bubbler system, no problem.
    If you are using clay pellets, put as many layers as you can between the rockwool and the nutrient solution in the container. If you don't, the nutrient solution will keep the rockwool soaking well, which you don't want.

3. Thanks john, yes im using clay pellets. Should the nutrients be right under? I made a bucket from rumples thread (which helped me out a lot) but I forgot should the nutrient be right under the net? or touching?

4. Yes, at the begining the net pots should be touching the bottom of the net pot. This will keep the pellets nice and moist for the roots to grow thru. When the roots have come thru the net pot lower the solution to an inch from the bottom of the net pots. When the roots are strong and long the level of the nutrient solution can drop, so long as your pH and PPM are stable. I have yet to see a disadvantage with letting the solution drop even as low as 3", the roots will still get misted by the bubbles bursting on the surface of the solution, allowing the roots to take in whichever water, oxygen or nutrients they need.
    I've never had any problems doing this, but, you may get members with a difference of opinion, but i still stand by this, until i find any proof of harm being done.
    Just make sure you alway have the lid closed tight, if the net pots are moist, then the roots are too.