Stealth Armoire Build - LED scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by highnifty, Nov 25, 2015.

1. What's up ,GrassCity? I'm firing up this journal for the rebuild of my LED scrog armoire and the grow that'll follow. Here's a past grow in the armoire.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448418718.575714.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448418732.881972.jpg
    Here's the cabinet as it stands today.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448418768.346009.jpg
    A lot of work to do still!
    I still have to build my ventilation system inside this Rubbermaid.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448418803.914423.jpg
    I'm hoping it's a stealthy solution to my space problem.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448418923.141556.jpg
    I just hope my 6" fan can run at 20% to be as quiet as possible and adequately vent the heat from the 150watt TruLite LED and the 700W (350watts) Mars Hydro LED I plan to run in there.
    I'm in the early stages of rebuilding. I'll update as things move along!
    Here's my genetic pool!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448419024.867936.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FIRST!!!! What up Nifty glad to see ya back in the game bro.

3. At least you're working with a cabinet of some decent size....which is more than I see from most attempting to do a cabinet grow. LOL Yours makes sense. LOL With the LED's, at least the heat is something that is manageable without too much work since they're so much cooler. My guess would be that smell is going to be your problem here. I've never used one of the carbon filter scrubbers before so hopefully it can take care of the smell for you. We grow in a spare bedroom and built a room insde a room for the flower space. We've insulated to high heaven in both rooms but once those girls get on into the flower cycle and start to really put on resin, that lovely smell is a challenge to deal with regardless. LOL. I don't care though...it's worth it. LOL Good luck on your cabinet grow. Hope all goes well for you. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree^^^ I really like that set up its clean looks good can't wait for this to get going nifty.

Pretty sure I'm going to close "the lab" down and look into other options this past run has been ridiculously challenging to hide smell. Both tents cut through their filters the house would stink to high hell after watering for hours.

5. Those buds look like some serious chronicles. Also your stealth vent setup is awesome! Hahaha:lol:

6. Also not sure if you've already got a fan speed switch, but mine stays surprisingly quiet.

Attached Files:

7. What's up Snack?! Glad to have ya again! Evening if you're a Packers fan. Lol. So since I got to pick your genetics what should I run first, the Diesel or the Skunk?

My cab is a decent size. 22" deep 38" wide and 42" of hight from the top of the soil. But, I've never run 500 real watts of LED in it before. It should work though. And I've never had any problem with smell using a good carbon filter. The 6" one I have has never been used. Phresh brand, same as the 4" I've used on two previous grows. Worked great!

I do have a fan speed controller! It's worked great over the past few grows!

• Like Like x 2
  8. The diesel!! I just got done trying some scissor hash from that Ultra Sour and my taste buds were blown. I can NOT wait to roll a J of that stuff.

I will for sure be buying some sour strains and diesel cross beans and exploring those flavors. It never sounded appealing so I stayed away. Not any more!!!

9. I chose to run the Skunk first. The Skunk is a faster finisher, and that way next round the diesel can be cloned for next year's outdoor!

Anyways, I've spent the last two days germinating two special skunk feminized seeds.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449105960.680223.jpg
    One popped an impressive tail, the other had no tail, but I potted and watered in both of them in #1 plastic pots.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449106080.389995.jpg
    I'm hoping for seedlings in the next 48-60 hours!

10. Get the cigars ready you about to be a proud daddy

11. My state just added intractable pain to its mmp! Unfortunately they did it for financial reasons. The same financial reasons that will roadblock the addition of home cultivation any time soon. Baby steps in the right direction though!

12. .....you will love the skunk.....good luck with your grow....I use a cabinet, for early veg as well, love the simplicity of it.......I run with 1200watts (2-600w MH) and my 6" fan keeps up, ...no issues with heat. Look forward to your grow..........Roph

13. Busted through last night! I'm hoping to see the other one in the next 24 hours. If not, I'll start germinating another.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449255149.058371.jpg
    Just keeping them moist and right under the T5. I'm giddy to start training!

14. It's crazy the growth in just 8 hours!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449285388.354169.jpg

15. #15 Roph, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    .....nice fat strong seedling........bring on the skunk smell.......lol

16. Nice to see you back in the game!

17. Yo nifty where are the baby pics buddy I'm going through grow withdrawal

18. I don't feel "in the game" yet! Lol. Thanks though!

I'll throw up some pics on my lunch break! Growing is tough between family and putting in 40+ honest hours in every week!

The one seedling is doing great! Staying squat and last I checked was starting the second set of leaves. The first true set, I believe. I also noticed that my hopes of my soil being gnat free, having been frozen, were no bueno. So I'm amazoning up some sticky traps and possibly a pesticide. I'm also hoping to make some strides this weekend on my ventilation so that when the time comes to throw the LEDs in there, I can. Pics to follow!

19. Here she is. 7 days old. I also put a second bean on the cable box to germinate today.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449775485.349236.jpg

20. Another 5 days, day 12 and not a lot of growth. The stem has purpled more and it's a lighter green than before. Pretty sure the gnat larvae are to blame for the slow growth and color.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450237152.922935.jpg
    My traps came today and I'm hoping to keep killing the adults.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450237412.995146.jpg
    I also sewed the other skunk seed that popped a tail tonight. Hoping that this grow gets going soon. I gotta get rid of these bugs. Ugh.