United States presidential election 2020 Stealing the Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChiefRunningPhist, Sep 28, 2020.

1. #1 ChiefRunningPhist, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying..."

Sure looks like the GOP is trying to steal the election (though this is par for the course). Instead of a fair and open election, they're trying to systematically suppress voter turnout from demographics that don't vote republican. Consistently attacking mail in ballots and claiming fraud despite the absolute opposite seen in study after study. They are trying hard (often lieing) to spin a narrative of doubt surrounding the results of the election. This is because they don't have the votes to win outright but still wish to occupy the Whitehouse. They need to muddy the waters enough so they can achieve a win through technicalities or litigation rather than through the popular vote. In other words, who the people voted for won't matter, nor will they be in charge of who is in power. Instead it will be decided by congress. To me it looks like we're in the beginning stages of this procedure.

The GOP gerrymandered the congressional districts to give themselves disproportionate representation in congress (Electoral College, Popular Vote, Gerrymandering, REDMAP), and they are now trying to do the same with the general election. This is what we come to see from the right. They claim to be the party of accountability, religious morality, fiscal conservatism, yet we see time and again that the only thing that matters is selfishness and greed. Win at all costs regardless of what's right or what's wrong. Trump is attacking the USPS and trying to defund it, he's spreading lies about nonexistent voter fraud, he's sueing swing states to diminish any increase of absontee voting (he's openly admitted it), hes been unwilling to commit to a peaceful transition of power should he lose, and he's also been stocking up on lawyers in what seems to be preparation for a legal battle to remain in power... ...Because that's how democracies work... Smh

Trump campaign sues NJ over move to mail in ballot amid pandemic...
    Trump re-election campaign sues NJ to stop vote-by-mail plan

Trump campaign sues NC over mail in ballot changes. NC is only 1 of 8 states subject to needing some sort of witness or notary requirements to cast an absontee ballot. The change means absentee voters who don’t provide complete information on their envelope about a witness who saw them fill out the ballot won’t have to complete a new ballot and locate another witness. A voter will just have to turn in an affidavit confirming they filled out the original ballot.
    Trump campaign sues to block mail-in ballot rule changes

Trump campaign fights against Wisconsin mail in ballot rules. Dems got court to extend absontee ballot tallying deadline by 6 days (though all ballots would have to be in on election night, just the counting was extended) due to "fewer polling places, a shortage of workers and thousands of ballots mailed," but GOP appealed and the ruling is now on hold awaiting supreme court...
    Appellate court halts Wisconsin ballot-counting extension

Trump admits he's defunding USPS to stop mail in ballots...
    Trump admits he's blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes

Trump has been attacking mail in ballots despite the lack of evidence. "The Brennan Center for Justice in 2017 ranked the risk of ballot fraud at 0.00004% to 0.0009%, based on studies of past elections."
    AP FACT CHECK: Trump's big distortions on mail-in voting
    The Most Republican of Republican Lawyers Just Called Out Trump's Lies on Voter Fraud

Trump unwilling to commit to a peaceful transition of power...
    https://apnews.com/article/election...regularities-8bb28627b03474a3a5ce2454ae3d1639

Trump campaign stocking up on lawyers...
    Trump readies thousands of attorneys for election fight

Voter suppression in Georgia...
    Voting rights become a flashpoint in Georgia governor's race

Voter suppression in Florida...
    Judges: Florida felons can't vote until they pay fines, fees

Truth...

EDIT:
    8/10 of the cited sources are from AP News which has been categorized as "least biased," and "highly reliable." This isn't leftist propoganda, this is the jarring reality.
    mediabias.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. You do realize it doesnt matter.. and the reason the biggest party is the SILENT party which doesnt vote.. is because the entire govt colludes against the working class to profit and stay in power... and there really arent 2 parties.. they both usually want the same things and just put on theatrics in the public to play their roles and appear like they are going according to their parties agenda..or use the 2 side system as a way to simply point the finger elsewhere, not accept responsibility or step up, and have an endless source of an excuse to reject aid to Americans... reality is dem and reps alike both work towards same goals together...
    ANY vote is a vote against yourself if you are a working class american imo...

I must also point out in case you are unaware...
    Did you know you dont truely have the freedom of choice when it comes to voting.. its like your parents saying .. "you can choose any college you want to go to... but you gt pick between yale and harvard" .. at that point is it really your choice?
    You know the democrats filed law suits and went forward with legal actions to prevent the green party from being on the ballot while republicans in fact tried to defend their right to be a part of the election...
    The dems did this to try and basically force all potential green party voters to be stuck with 1 less option leaving only biden or trump.. and thus hopefully gain the green votes however miniscule.. not realizing itll probably just make less people vote period.. or may in fact give trump more votes.. but most likely break even when half go to both sides.
    ...anyways best of luck to everyone hope everyone has a blessed week!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. You do realize that mail in ballots are susceptible to fraud? Such as false mail in ballots (already happening), mailing ballots of servicemembers being thrown in a dumpster, Michael Bloomberg buying felons votes essentially, etc. The list goes on and on. This is either a troll post, or you are seriously deluded/delusional.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Evidence?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. No not at all. Did you actually read them or just read the links? You obviously just read the titles of the links and didn't click on them. I have a strong suspicion you didn't care if evidence was brought forth, you had a bias already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. "Highly Localized" Are you implying that localized corruption is not something to take seriously? Or because it's not so widespread, that it doesn't constitute some sort of repercussions? I'm highly confused by your comment. Incomplete thoughts and no sort of evidence to back up what you say. Typical liberal response, when faced with facts, they throw fallacy right into the mix!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd support Trump if he handled himself and the pandemic better. And cared about the healthcare of tens of millions of Americans. I'm saying it's nothing compared to those at the national level saying that there's fraud going on in the voting system. Thus stirring up people like you with a few minor incidents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. "A few minor incidents" These are the ones that have been caught. All within the last 2 months. That one lady with the mail in ballots was trying to send in hundreds... Not a few, HUNDREDS. This isn't "minor incidents" and the downplaying of obvious corruption is insanity at it's finest. "And cared about the healthcare of tens of millions" by doing what? Bankrupting the country by funding "healthcare for all" and ruining the right to choose your own provider/health plan? Cray Cray to another level.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Things biased people say

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Is this what you’re gonna claim if your boy loses the election?

“Systematically suppress”

lol

Always interesting.

j

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 9 ballots in Pennsylvania... 9, and all Janet Reed did was check people off as democrats on their ballot request, she didn't fill out any actual ballots, and the local democratic party told her to stop but she didn't, so she's in jail now.
    This is what she did...
    bbbe8013-3848-48ae-a19b-6ae7dc56645c-Screen_Shot_2020-06-08_at_4.15.54_PM.png

Not saying its right, but pre-checking voters party afilitiation on a ballot request form wasn't pushed by the dems on a national scale nor was it realistically advantageous in any way, and the people were mailed replacement ballot requests, and she's in jail, so looks like the system worked.

5 states currently do all their voting via mail, these are the stats, and taken from the Heritage Foundation (a very right leaning bias)...
    Screenshot_2020-09-28-03-37-56-1.png

When you look at the time frame, and couple that with the populations of these places, 44 cases over 22yrs and ~60 million votes mailed just isn't anything to challenge an election result over.

~16M
    +
    ~7M
    +
    ~15.5M
    +
    ~10M
    +
    ~10.5M
    =
    ~59M

(~50 fraud) ÷ (~59,000,000 total)
    =
    0.0000847% fraud rate

Not even 1 in a million were allegedly fraudulent.

Here's more info but it comes from a left leaning source so read at your own risk lol...
    Low rates of fraud in vote-by-mail states show the benefits outweigh the risks

"Bankrupting the country" by giving a huge tax break to the rich is still "bankrupting the country." If you're really concerned about the deficit/debt, trump has exploded them.

6V46M5FQTREEZBD3GOKUJC2OGI.jpg

M4A would have been great imo and it still might happen, who knows. I sure dont love my insurance company nor the rates they charge me. I would openly welcome single payer and/or repealing the huge tax cut they gave to the 1%.
    Slide2v2.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. #15 ChiefRunningPhist, Sep 28, 2020
    ...things denialists say...

Lol c'mon man I already did the footwork for you, take a peek for yourself, you don't have to take my word for it. Use your own sources, idc, FOX and all the rest say the same stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  13. #16 Johnny_Appleweed, Sep 28, 2020
    You literally are using info that was made right as Trump was taking office (2017) that doesn't give an accurate portrayal of his tax policies. That's the exact kind of cherry-picking and especially old "data" (hasn't been confirmed, anyone can create a bar graph) that is fake news. And he is literally trying to criticize any sort of tax breaks for Americans, while the other party would up and up and up the tax rate! The average tax cut in 2018 was $1200, which = more money for employees. bUt nO iTs nOT guD eNuFF, iT nOt FrEe mONeY lYkE wE wAnT

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Haha well no this is what trump is already claiming. He's been on a war path trying to get this mail in fraud narrative to stick. He's already ramping things up to cast doubt toward the result. He has denied a commitment to a peaceful transition of power and he's stocking up on thousands of lawyers. He's been sueing swing states trying to diminish the mail in voter process. Imo this is what he will say if he loses. He has been screaming about mail in voter fraud and if he loses he will challenge it till kingdom come. I define systematic suppression as the way the system chooses who gets to vote, and from that pool, which votes get to count. For instance, when you look at FLA or Georgia you can see these systematic forms of suppression influencing election results. Check the links I provided or Google your own sources. FLA passed a voter initiative 65/35 to restore felon voting rights, and despite the initiative being sufficient explanation of implementation on its own, the Gov (R) pushed for the state legislature to expound on it, and they added that ex-felons needed to pay off all current or outstanding fines before they could vote. A judge ruled it was unconstitutional and the GOP led state appealed the ruling in a higher court and won. It's slight but its influencing the election and in a very close state. The initiative that the public voted on 65/35 didn't have any language in it discussing any sort of caveat like the legislature added. Imo this would be a way of systematically suppressing the vote. Georigia, Ohio, and others have inhibiting technicalities when it comes to ballot acceptance which disprotionately effect liberal leaning communities. Remember Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp? Lot of systematic suppression there imo. Dems won't lose the popular vote imo, they've only lost the popular vote 1 time in 28years, so I don't think they'll lose the popular vote, but if it comes out that they won the popular vote again, then I think trump will continue his assault on the mail in ballots and lies about voter fraud ect (despite himself voting by mail!) to allow for a legal battle. If you didn't watch the Fareed Zakaria vid, then check it out, it's 5min long and pretty much sums it up.

Here it is...

Popular vote or bust imo. Of course it does look to favor the party that seems to align with many of my current positions on issues, but its also what I think is correct or fair. Right now 1 political leaning is being over-represented compared to the % of votes they receive, whereas the opposition is being under represented compared to the % of the votes they recieve. Imo that's not how elections are supposed to work.

15. #18 ChiefRunningPhist, Sep 28, 2020
    April 2020...
    unnamed (1).png
    Budget Projections: Debt Will Exceed the Size of the Economy This Year

May 2020...
    US-Gross-National-Debt-2011-2020-05-06-red-.png
    US National Debt Spiked by $1.5 trillion in 6 Weeks, to $25 trillion. Fed Monetized 90%

April, 2020...
    Brian-Charts-2020-COVID-v5-01.png
    Coronavirus Budget Projections | Manhattan Institute

Statista 2020...
    Screenshot_2020-09-28-05-39-39-1.png

Ya idk if your #'s are correct, but let's just assume they are, that's an extra $100/mo ($1,200/yr). 1.5T in debt and blow up healthcare for an extra hundy a month. Point is the tax cut only went to the 1%. These are just the facts. The government costs money, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, military, farm subsidies, ect, they all cost money. When you decide to give the rich a big chunk of the budget without cutting any programs to balance it out with, then there's not enough left over to pay for all the stuff. This means there's a deficit. When you pay for stuff with money you don't have, you create debt. When trump gave the 1.5T tax cut to the rich he said that they'd create so much wealth and prosperity that'd the increase in money made from all that winning would offset the tax cut. 50% of 100 is 50, but 25% of 200 is also 50, that's what his plan was based on. Give the rich a bunch of money and they'll turn it into gold. But thats not what happened, nor ever was going to happen. Reagan tried the same thing, called it "trickle down," because the rich were literally pissing on the poor lol na that's a joke, but what they found was that trickle down didn't work. We knew it wouldn't work but we did it again anyways in 2017 because it wasn't ever about trickle down or benefiting middle America, it was always only about making rich people even richer.

Lol remember this gem? Tax cut went to the wealthy, but find me some contradictory evidence and I'll look it over. Perhaps google sources you prefer, numbers are numbers, the source shouldn't matter to much I wouldn't think...
    DVIgP7fU0AAUS6n-580x646.jpg

16. At 1.50 a week it’s 72 a year. Times that by 157 million working Americans ( its a very large number) your in the trillions of lost taxes. But yeah let’s give people tax cuts in the thousands.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Completely and totally 110% AGREE.

j

• Like Like x 1