Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stealing Lighters Discussion

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rasta Mon, May 8, 2009.

1. I will admit straight up that I have stolen countless lighters in the past
    never had to start buying them until like 6 months ago
    but now that i've had to start buying them I realize how fucked up it is
    like that's so gay just to steal from someone when blazing is supposed to be a chill thing
    tonight my homie blazed me out and i stuck his lighter in my pocket without thinking
    then right when he was leaving i was lookin for my phone and felt his lighter
    thought about stealing it for a second and said no that's fucked up
    so i said hey dude heres your lighter
    i personally think it is scummy to steal someone's lighter seeing as they paid for it
    just my 2 cents
    what's your's about the subject

2. Most people probably do it by accident, because they're baked. They cost what, $2?

3. yeah i never remeber i stole anyones lighter but i havnt bought a light in years

4. #4 firehose, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    lighter theft is a common smokers mishap.
    It can be fixed by.. hmm?

its be happenin since the 1600's ths

5. I'm liking this thread man.. i have some shady peeps i smoke with... the "fire" gets stolen all the time... you just gotta remind yourself and lock it up more

6. Yeah it usually just happens cause people are baked and pocket it by accident. I guess some people just fiend for lighters tho..

7. there's groups of friends who play the lighter game and as soon as you lose track of your lighter its fair game

i don't go over there anymore ha

8. You had an epiphany, Rasta. Good for you.:hello:

9. I use a clicker. Nobody can accidentally take that.

10. Its always happaning with me and most people i know who smoke.instead of saying there stealing them how about you work on remembering things when your stoned and make sure you hold on to the lighter. :hello:

11. yeah i don't steal lighters. if the guy whose house i'm at has a ton of them i'll ask if i can snag one and they're usually cool about it.

certain friends houses i go to though we go by a bring your own policy lol so.

12. I admit that I have pocketed lighters but only intentionally when I am at a party scenario. When I'm with friends, however, I only pocket them over the fact I'm baked and if I realize that I have their lighter, I will gladly return it.

No need to steal from friends, just pocket a 5-pack from CVS =P

13. I don't think anybody does this intentionally...

Its a habit that I do. Chances are if you or your friends smoke cigs you'll notice eventually that you'll leave places with different lighters than the ones you got there with.

14. I used to have this problem, but my girlfriend gave me an expensive Zippo.. and I always have it on me, if someone wants a light I'll give them a light, not my Zippo :p

15. I rock the zippo for cigs, and I usually have a bic on me for backup (among other firestarting devices, but that's another story).

I take the safety off and rip half the UPC sticker so I know it's mine.

16. Most people do it by accident, unless they're an asshole. One of my best friends CONSTANTLY does this, it's like a reflex for him now after he hits the bong he sticks the lighter in his pocket. After his hit, we realize the lighter is gone and he pulls it out haha.

17. I know exactly what this guy means, except only difference is I buy lighters like every 2 weeks because my friends steal them or lose them. I buy the packs of the bic lighters, they are quite efficient. Once in a while I buy a click bic. But yeah, stealing lighters is fucked up, especially from your boys that you burn with.

18. I constantly steal other people lighters without noticing. I'll light a bowl and put it in my pocket without even thinking. Then when I reach into my pocket I find it and retern it to whoever I borrowed it off.

19. I have to jump in on this! My friend JLPUFFNSTUFF can vouch for this...I have nothing but lighter problems! I buy countless lighters...I think I get at least two when I go into the store to buy smokes! They always get stolen! Pisses me off! OR...I will buy a nice torch (ALL VECTORS) and they stop working like a week later! Fuck it..I don't buy them anymore because that gets costly.

There is a silver lining though. Since I have moved from Cali to WA, I haven't had any lighters stolen because I don't know anybody here yet, and my fiance doesn't smoke! :smoke:

20. Me and my friends steal eachothers lighters all the time but it's not big deal because the next time we smoke we all just pull out the ones we happen to have again, no big deal.

I honestly don't see the big deal with stealing lighters, me and my friends never do it on purpose it's mostly cause were baked but as long as our next session ends up with all the same lighters as last time getting passed around then it's all good.

Then again I live in a dorm room where I can always just go knock on my buddies door if I want my lighter back so....