Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Last day of week 6 of bloom cycle. I may stay at 13:11 for 2 weeks instead of dropping another 30 minutes this week - I'm loving how big the long days are making these buds get!
    20190420_095715.jpg 20190420_095726.jpg 20190420_095738.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've already started 12/12 13 days ago... do you think it would be unwise to go to 13/11 or 13.5/10.5 at this point since they've already been on 12/12?

I'm really interested in your theory and to me it stands to reason that the buds literally do get bigger as a result of the added "daylight"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wouldn't unless you are using far red to force sleep mode at the end of the day. This is my first grow using far red so I'm learning some things as I go...

I'd wager the length of time the maturing of pistils is taking is due to the longer days - and that slow maturing is likely contributing to a big final size. Current bud size is probably about what I'd be looking at on day 42 if the days were shorter, they'd just be closer to done. That said, I would bet the emerson boards are also contributing to size.

I'm thinking when I do drop another 30mins off the day, I'll brighten the lights juuuust a bit to try and keep the Daily Light Integral the same - same number of photons raining down overall, just more for a shorter time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ahh okay that makes sense, I forgot you were using the far red/initiators.

If this run is as big of a yielding monster as I'm pretty sure it will be - I'll be grabbing probably 2 of the pucks, and 2 of the qb supplimental red light strips to try this out next run.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Word they’re one of my favorite breeders as well!! I’ve got some beans from every strain you’ve named so far on their way ordered them last night! Got Some of that blue gelato coming too! And blueberry OG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh man - skip the pucks! HLG makes a 3-diode FR strip now for way cheaper and with a better diode spread. If I wasn't going to be switching to a tent next fall and changing up everything, I'd be swapping the pucks for the HLG strips on my current light!

• Like Like x 2
  7. My stock of seeds is almost entirely Barney's except for some Mephisto auto seeds.
    Still in my box I have:
    -Utopia Haze
    -Ayahuasca Purple
    -Honey B
    -Gorilla Zkittlez
    -Phantom OG
    -Tangerine Dream

This is why when I set up a big bloom tent I'm going to need 2 reservoir systems for 2 plants each! I have way the f* too many seeds for how I tend to grow lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. I shit you not the moment you sent this I was on HLG's site looking at that kit. Looks fkin sweet - looks to be 3 strips with 3 diodes on each and all 3 run off the AC power plug.

Looks like its "coming soon" so I'm going to order as soon as they are in.

Do you think that 1 kit is enough to cover my 4x4 flower?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fk I'll take some off your hands... too nervous to order them still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Me too all I have is Barney’s,ethos, greenhouse seeds and mephisto! And then of course the single seed freebies of various others but ya most of my seeds are Barney’s! Just ordered 10 Barney’s strains lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I'd probably suggest two. When I build lights for my 4x4 space I'm going to do four of them, but two should sufficiently cover the space I think.
    I'm gonna go four so I can have four light fixtures with one on each, and hopefully use them in concert with some of the new/upcoming HLG boards for emerson w/o needing separate strips. I hear they are making a 288 board with the same reds in them as the 96 elites - 2*288s(w/ reds) plus a FR strip I *think* should achieve emerson...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Buddy and I ordered at the same time lol. Gave him some cash and told him what kinds I wanted & he made the order hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yea if you notice they are showing a new HLG 550 fixture with qb288s that also have 660nm reds in them. Those must be the ones your referencing - looks like they will be here very soon!

I'm too deep in with my flower lights, so it only makes sense for me to supplement light appropriately. So I guess I'll get 2 FR kits and maybe 2 of the red strips when they come back in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lucky dog! I'm too nervous to order them in... keep wavering back an forth and keep coming back to - not worth the risk at this present time... really want some feminized beans but seems so risky.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you so much for sharing all that with me

So we control bucket is necessary? Is there no way to rely on just gravity to maintain water level?

Starting to look like I’m going to have to sync a few hundred more dollars into this if I really wanted to be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Control bucket is NOT necessary, but definitely a nice-to-have for managing water changes / pH adjustments / etc. You would need a water pump to circulate between your buckets, but it can just feed from one end to the other if you wanted.

You could get some regular PVC bulkheads instead of the CC ones - same goes for the lids. I used the pricier stuff because I really like my setups to look clean - but you can build something that works every bit as well and looks pretty close to as nice for a good deal less money!

17. Our boy @Canitober built a similar rig a few months back, actually...
    DIY Undercurrent RDWC build - need advice

• Like Like x 2
  18. #1278 Canitober, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    I love @Steakbomb setup. Super clean and professional - all while low profile.

Here's mine completed...

Edit: I'll add that if my space allowed for a control outside of the tent I would absolutely be doing that. Unfortunately I have 2x 4x4 tents side by side in a 9' wide, generally small, room.... I would do what Steak did otherwise, or even if I still did waterfalls I'd move the control outside the tent to give me more room under the lights and simplify watering/adjusting even further.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. thank you SB and happy 420 bro and to everyone else too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4