Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. FAST AND LOUD MOTHAFUCKA!!!!

2. Not sure if this is just wishful thinking, but it looks like the young leaves might have uncurled a bit in the last 5 hours. The water level may have been the big issue. Any idea how long "overwatering" in hydro takes to un-fuck itself?

I also added some calmag to the mix - most of the brown spots I'm seeing seem to be consistent with a deficiency of Ca and/or Mg. Maybe even sulfur but not sure?

• Like Like x 2
  3. From what I've been reading, if it is in fact overwatering, within a week it should be totally back to normal, but you shouls see improvement within 3 days if overwatering is the issue. So, you may very well already be seeing improvement. Fingers crossed!

Probably way too early to say, but how is the Megacrop working out?

• Like Like x 2
  4. For the auto its been good. I need to bump up the dose since it's in flower mode (seeing some signs of low dosing) but it has been doing really well with it thru veg.

Def way to early to make a call on the photos. I actually am emailing with those guys about whether I'm seeing deficiencies or excesses on them.

They're very responsive so at a minimum I really like the company. If I can work out the bugs in dosing it I would love to just keep using the simple nutes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #365 Steakbomb, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Had an email exchange with the megacrop guys. They think it could be underdosing - suggested trying 6g per gallon. I've been thinking about it and I think there's a good chance that's it.

The auto has done well with the lower MC dosing because it has been on MC for it's whole life. I need to bump it for flower but at least the plant is accustomed to those nutes.

I'm thinking the hazes are having trouble from the switchover. My hypothesis is that even though EC was *lower* running the Botanicare, maybe the actual concentrations of NPK were higher. Since the MC is mainly organic stuff maybe more dissolved solids or something making the EC climb.

I'm going to move my tent water change up to this evening and do a full refresh in the cab tomorrow or Sunday whenever time permits.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Did my water change for the auto in the tent. Now using 6g per gal in there. I also bought some of greenleaf's calmag - added 1g per 3gal. TDS in there now is 890 / EC about 1.8. Probably put the hazes on the same mix.

Trimmed a bunch of crappy looking leaves from the auto and opened it up a bit. Still looks pretty good even after being moved.
    20180406_185124.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. I would let the res reduce on its own from this point and on the other 3 plants, until they recover. Depending on the strain and the amount of stress it’s able to process it can take a week or two sometimes more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Been doing water changes about every 2 weeks. The auto should def be good for at least that long - if it's looking close to done by then I may let it ride it out to completion. Air is kinda dry in my area lately so if the plant is using a lot of water I might not be able to avoid doing one more before it's done.

I'm still probably gonna do the change on the hazes too. The more I think about it, the more the evidence points me to nutrient deficiencies. Been looking at my deficiency charts and I see signs of lots of things being low. I also noticed that the ends of the very small new leaves are wider and greener than the rest of those leaves - seems like adding a touch more megacrop earlier this week helped the newest growth.

I think we got the water level right yesterday - I just think that right now the mix has not enough megacrop and (possibly) too much calmag. Gonna try to get that dialed in then let it ride.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Water change done in the cab. They are now on 6g per gallon of megacrop plus 0.5g per gallon of calmag. Gave the roots a light agitation to remove some debris when doing the draining.

TDS at 950 / EC at 1.9. Hopefully they recover nicely and don't get burned up, but I wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest lol. Might be popping some more seeds next weekend if it goes the wrong way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hey Bomb!
    Glad things are looking better for You Sounds like your dailed in and on top of things

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Still too early to make a full judgement, but getting early indications the solution change is helping. The youngest leaves (read: those forming now) on the plant are appearing to get a healthier color to them.

Not expecting the older leaves to recover since they're already screwed, but hopefully we get some good healthy new growth this week and then I can clean up the crappy parts in a couple more weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ok I'm calling it - was definitely the low nutes. Young growth is looking strongly on the way to recovery now - uncurling and darkening up.
    20180408_152531.jpg 20180408_152534.jpg 20180408_152541.jpg
    I'll have to wait for the next new leaves to see the full recovery. What a relief though!

• Like Like x 2
  13. YAY!!! So happy to see and hear that things are on the mend.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Saaaame!

Shot of "the big one" from today - I removed the really bad leaves on each.
    20180409_093129.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. #375 Steakbomb, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Built my new power cord for the tent QB today. I now have the driver mounted outside the rent and have run wires to the board on a cable I can unplug from the driver. Should bring temps down a bit, although I did crank the board to max so might be getting extra heat there...
    20180409_170758.jpg 20180409_170815.jpg
    Gonna do the same for the cab at some point soon. I'll take process pictures when I do that one in case anyone else is like-minded.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The recovery continues... 20180410_085158.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Auto looking pretty good - still looking like it has a bit of a deficiency so I added another 2g/gal of MC. At 8g/gal now.
    20180410_101412.jpg 20180410_101417.jpg
    We'll see how it's looking in another couple days. May just need more calmag.

• Like Like x 4
  18. WOW! The auto is looking fuckin' great! A little deficient like you said, but nothing extreme to the point of any real harm I think. Probably will only get like 6"-8" taller I'm thinking, and then the swell should start up.

Also, I'm on an autoflower group on FB and they've introduced me to some up and coming breeders. One in particular is having a sale on 4/20 where you can get 20% off if you buy a pack of all 4 cultivars they're offering (plus a limited edition/quantity freebie seed). For 4 3-packs, looks like it'll be about €150/$185, and that's including shipping. I can send you some details if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It simply amazes me that people are able to run such high ec. My flood table is at 1.2ec and I’m seeing ever so slight burn on a couple of my clones. If I went up to 1.9 I’d fry them all I’m sure. And this is a heavy feeding strain compared to other strains I grow. Heck I never went above 1.3 for the one that’s almost done. It’s so damned confusing to me.
    Either way glad it turning around for you bro!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Same - I was actually pretty worried about going so high with it - thought it was a sure recipe for burning. As I mentioned, I suspect since MC is powdered and mainly organic that although the EC is higher, the nute intensity is probably lower.

I would certainly not be going for 1.9 if I was still running the botanicare stuff! I was actually piloting going for really low dosing this grow - had been hearing lots of folks talking about how most suggested mixes are way too strong. Seems it is all very dependent on what kind of nutes are being run.

• Like Like x 2