Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Staying productive while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Brasou, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Best thing to do is just get everything done before smoking. I know that if i smoke before i do my homework it aint gunna get done, so i get it done then reward myself :)

2. definitely should be smoking sativa instead of indica if you want to stay productive. more energetic high vs. couch lock

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 tinytimmah, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    Try making weed into a reward. I find that after a hard days work coming home and smoking a j and relaxing is like the ultimate high. But if you're trying to do work WHILE high then try out a vape, the high is clear and its alot easier to get work done than being high from smoking.

4. Lots off great tips! I usually do the demanding tasks while sober then when I only have the simpler tasks left I take a few tokes to get a nice buzz. Being too high to be functional when you know you have to be is not a nice feeling so I definitely recommend finding a balance so that you can get shit done and enjoy yourself a little more!

5. If you have access to different strains try a nice hybrid or sativa dominant.

6. I agree with the guy who said get stuff done before hand. once I start dabbing im done for the day

7. Ive gone some months of getting high daily and being productive. It was on and off, sometimes go all out, sometimes you just want to do the bare minimum, or not at all. come to realize its better to be in what id say "2 different worlds."

Finish all your shit in your sober state. Relax in your high state of mind. Its better because you can let yourself be and not have to do shit when high.

But then again sometimes you wanna do shit high... Its on and off. Right now im relaxing but then during the day ill get motivated to do shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Try taking Ginkgo Biloba , you can buy it at GNC or walmart. It's a memory supplement. Don't sleep for longer than 8 hours. Eat a balanced diet. These things seem to help my burn out ass function right.

9. Whenever I have a lot of stuff to do around the house, but still wanting to get a bit of a buzz I'll just smoke maybe 1/4 of the joint get my buzz going, then get shit done and come back and finish it all later on in the day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Staying productive while stoned all depends on well... if you can do it. All people react differently to marijuana and any drug for that matter. For example I can work, program video games and live my daily life stoned while another may be stuck on the couch watching American Dad or something lol : ) Though if possible i could say try and find a Sativa dominant strain as this type of marijuana plant creates an uplifting energetic high in many people. Good luck to you : )

Medical Marijuana patient under MMPR

11. Nah just finish everything before you smoke that's what I do, I make sure I'm done with homework. Although this one time I was working on a school project whil stoned and I finished a weeks worth of researching in couple of hours and it came out pretty good. Got an A plus ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Work before play...keys to success in EVERYTHING.

Sometimes the work is long and there is no play...no worries.

Playtime will come. And it is usually worth the wait and trouble free,
    Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sometimes you do just have to buckle down and admit that what you need to do is going to be done better/quicker sober. Whenever I have to do something that requires a lot of thinking/physical activity I know that even if I want to smoke I'm going to end up hating myself when I'm tired af and just want to lie down. So, do that thing you have to get done quicker sober and smoke afterwards.

Or, just take a couple hits, smoke a small bowl so you feel all nice but aren't too intoxicated to do anything.

The one thing I don't mind doing high is cleaning (doing dishes, my room, laundry etc) because I can just listen to music and pretty much zone out. However, it always feels like it takes longer when I'm high (probably just the effects of the weed seeming to slow down time as well as the fact it takes me longer to figure out what I'm doing) so I usually just get that stuff done sober and then smoke and relax in bed after.