Staying home to smoke weed

Discussion in 'General' started by chargerschris, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Hey gc so today I'm staying home from school an smoking weed. I'm a highschool senior and have done this three times so far this year and while I smoke everyday I've never gone high to class because I have football after school and don't want to do that high. But im worried it will develop into a habit and ill fall behind in school, so gc what are your thoughts?

2. Smoke less?
    You've got all the control here, man.
    Keep your shit in check, and you'll be fine. Keep your priority.

3. if you go to class in the AM high and still have to worry about it for football that afternoon you need to pass me some of what you're smoking!

4. You're right, it will turn into a habit if you let it, stop doing it for like 2 weeks, and then if you want to occasionally, so be it. but you shouldnt let it happen more than once a week really...atleast that's how I'd do it

5. #5 Asthenia, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    If your grades are good, you've applied to college (or started getting ready to do whatever you're doing after HS,) then who cares. I smoke everyday at college and have a 3.8 gpa. Just get your shit done and you can do whatever you want.

Edit: Just make sure you ration out those absences for the year. I got 0 absences for my one class so I gotta go every class for the rest of the semester -_-. Sucks cuz it's such a joke of a class too.

6. what is this? I don't even...

7. [quote name='"Asthenia"']If your grades are good, you've applied to college (or started getting ready to do whatever you're doing after HS,) then who cares. I smoke everyday at college and have a 3.8 gpa. Just get your shit done and you can do whatever you want.

Edit: Just make sure you ration out those absences for the year. I gotta go to a class today and every day for the rest of the semester cuz I didn't haha.[/quote]

My grades are ok (3.025) and this is only the third time I've done this but yeah I'm not gonna do it anymore untill second semester when I'm done with college apps

8. Did this last Monday...
    Woke up at 8:30 (same time I usually leave), went out on my back deck, lit up a joint, had a long-ass shower... slept for another hour... woke up, smoked another joint, and slept until like 4.
    Of course, I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday drinking, smoking, etc. etc. etc.

It's not an I-don't-want-to-go-to-school thing, it's more of an I-don't-have-any-fucking-energy thing

9. You seem to have your priorities straight, I find it helpful to not smoke for a period during the day (school and/or football is a good excuse), if you can keep that routine and control then theres nothing to worry about. One day off in a while is great, especially if you live with your parents and dont quite have the freedom to smoke whenever you like, just keep it to once in a while.

10. Yeahhh, I did that when I was a senior in high school and it DID become a habit. It made that year a helluva lot harder than it had to be. I would just listen to the people that posted though, it doesn't sound like you should be too worried. If you do want some advice though, I'd suggest using it as motivation. I would go to school, go to volleyball practice, do homework, etc, and thennn smoke as a reward. :p

11. Soooooo don't skip school to smoke weed.

Derp.

12. Ummm.... Go to school? That might help with your problem, of skipping school.

Edit: And don't get high before school or something important....

13. Wtf? Just smoke after school or when you wake up.

Your priorities aren't straight if your missing school to do drugs.

14. your supposed to have bud work AROUND your life, not the other way around.

that being said, I too have stayed home today and smoked hahaha. this is the first time tho, it wont become a habit cause my parents get all worked up about me smoking, tho i am 18, because i live in their house

15. Wake n bake, go to school. You're not going to be high for 6 hours.

16. Watch Dazed and Confused. You may be turning into Randall Floyd.:smoke:

17. you spud ur not gonna be high all day

18. you spud your not gonna be high all day

19. if you are afraid to fall back, just dont do it more than once or twice a month, that shouldnt do any harm to your grades

20. I remember missing 17 days of school my Senior year (well over the 9 day limit) and getting letters threatening me with expulsion. I called their bluff and sure enough they didn't do shit and I graduated with my class.

I'm in college now and I still miss a class from time to time.