Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Staying Alert

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ExactLiner, Aug 16, 2008.

1. If I smoke during the day, I find that once I come down, I am in a really weird state: I know I'm not really high, but I definitely don't feel normal. Weird things happen to me -- sometimes I get really sweaty and it's hard for me to stay awake/alert.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how to get rid of this burned out feeling? I'm looking for solutions besides the obvious:

- "JUST DRINK 2 REDBULLS YOU'LL BE FINE"

- "TAKE A NAP"

- "SMOKE MORE POT"

2. Hm, never heard of that before. Well if its dank then it's normal... dank is so potent (especially indica strains) they can make you feel weird. I think it's described as a hangover period... like after you come down.

Try smoking more sativa strains? thats really all I can suggest. If that doesnt help, and it really bothers you that much then give up weed. Hate to say that but... it's not like you can go to the doctor for a minor weed problem.

3. lol... wtf are you lookin for then bro.. theres no way..

smoke a sativa, or dont smoke at all.

4. ^^^ Must unuseful post I've ever seen.

Not only do most people not have the option to even KNOW what they're smoking - it is fucking ABSURD to say that one should only smoke a Sativa....

Rail some crank. (<Not really)

That burnout comedown tends to go away with higher tolerance.

5. ya that was a hell of alot more useful than mine.. :hello: :smoking:

and its pretty damn easy to tell the diff between and indica and a sativa.. lol.

6. Hah -- yeah, I was going to post a sarcastic reply saying "Well, I've decided to quit smoking" -- but I decided to chill out.

Anyway, I remembered a technique that works for me pretty much every time -- running/working out. Physical exertion seems to help. I've been smoking for about 2 years -- at night though, so instead of burning out I just go to sleep -- and my tolerance isn't exactly sky high but it ain't what it used to be, you know?

I know other people experience what I do, but maybe not with the same intensity. Could just be my body chemistry.

7. Not in mids, it's not.

I'll let you come down here to po-dunk ville and take a nice long toke off of some of our brown frowner, and then you can tell me, with all your expertise, what it is.

8. you smoke that shit? brown weed is disgusting... lime is the way to go.

9. Lmfao.. you fail

10. ^^^
    +rep, failure of epic proportions, much lulz were had.

11. Drink a cup of coffee or some cranberry juice, I drink cran juice all the time to keep my system clean.

12. I use stay awake pills (caffeine) every once in awhile. You can get them at any drug store or gas station. Sometimes a coke enough to keep me going after smoking some dank headies.

13. idk i used to get that burned out effect all the time but now it only happens if i am actually tired and do need to take a nap.

14. [​IMG]

15. the best thing to do is go get some excercise. its easier to say it then to do it, but when you run you release a natural chemicle in your body that wakes you up and makes you feel good (endorphins). id suggest giving it a try, plus its healthy...but hey dont listen to the health freak over here

16. This is why I recently stopped smoking during the day. I feel like my high last longer if I hit that shit at night, for some reason the darkness helps me. Anyway, I know what you're talking about, and it's a real bummer. It kind of puts me in a mode where I just want to smoke more, even though since I've come down I can't get as high, and it's kind of a waste to keep going.

Anyway, I'd have to say you need to join the night time tokers group, and stop smoking in the day.