stay mylar! STAY!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by skiweeds, May 10, 2010.

1. im having a problem with my mylar staying. i got a tent from htg supply. my exhaust is so powerful that the sides of the tent literally suck in. everything is going great, but over time my mylar loses it's position and it's a pain to keep fixing it. im doubling up duct tape on the back right now to keep it up. double sided scotch tape worked like shit compared to it. i dont want to use anything that will pierce the beautiful tent material. what does everyone use or what do u guys recommend. thanks!

2. the HTG tents come with flat white on the inside, yes? you don't need mylar

3. the inside is like a silverish reflective material. it's not as reflective as the sheets of mylar i have. it comes on a big roll and i believe it's 4 feet wide. it's literally like a mirror it's so reflective. i see why ppl say it's the best but i'm having trouble getting it to stay. my tent is windy from the strong exhaust.

4. You don't need the extra layer of mylar in that tent, just ditch it and don't worry about it.

5. True that. It's kinda funny you put mylar inside your grow tent btw lol. I bet allot of people will get some lawls :smoking:

6. haha ^ sure did :smoking:

7. i ordered before the kits came with the tents so i had to order it separate. i figured may as well put the mylar to use. the mylar roll is more reflective than the mylar coating in the tent. figured it would be better but not sure if it will make a noticeable difference.

8. Paste the mylar onto some thin mdf, then place that in the tent.

9. lol. yeah, no need for mylar in the tent.. if you REALLY want to use it.. you could make boards out of cardboard and then tape the mylar to that, and then position those cardboards wherever in your tent.. make sense?

also, use ur foil tape, not duct, duct tape will come off from the heat. hope that helped ;P