stay alive-- organic medical grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by thezephyr, Apr 25, 2016.

1. #81 thezephyr, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    I'll take some photos when we make the infusion. for culinary use, depending on your recipe weed (thc and other cannabinoids and terpenes) can be infused effectively into: butter, whole milk or cream, olive oil, sunflower oil, or coconut oil.
    the last weed dinner we made was infused carnitas:
    imagejpeg.jpg
    that was some seriously medicinal pork, this got us hella lifted haha

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wow, thanks so much. I would love to learn how to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #83 thezephyr, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    this is really dope. I got the recipe for the carnitas from the guy who owns La Taqueria in the mission in SF, it's a version of his carnitas that you can make in a smaller batch in a home oven. also I'm pretty sure the restaurant version has lard, and this doesn't. it looks like it was published in a magazine too at some point so this blog has the exact same one with a good step by step. it's a pretty unusual recipe. we infused the recipe with a quarter ounce or more of dried trim (leaves, stems, immature buds/popcorn buds that we forgot to weigh lol) by steeping our weed in the milk for 40 minutes. So other than using the infused milk, the recipe for the meat was the same.
    you can use the carnitas as the meat in almost any mexican dish, or just make tacos : )

4. #84 thezephyr, Jun 1, 2016
    here are a few of the pizzas:
    IMG_1001.JPG
    just the dank pesto and fresh mozzarelle
    IMG_1000.JPG
    I'll post the straight pesto recipe later tonight, but for now I'll explain how we infused it with weed which was probably the simplest part of the recipe. this method should work for any pesto recipe.
    We used cherry pie trim and infused it with olive oil on low heat for an hour. We used this infused olive oil as the base of our pesto sauce. instead of just using fresh basil, we also used equal amounts of fresh leaf and flower from my male lemon cherry plant (don't use the main stem, too woody to eat). so this recipe has fresh essential oils from the leaf, as well as the infused oil. the amount of fresh leaf you use should be determined by the flavor you want. the leaves get ground up with the basil and don't effect the texture. when the pesto's raw, the cannabis gives it a spicy taste like a nasturtium flower (which is an orange california wildflower with a clean spicy herb flavor that people sometimes put on salad) and the weed pretty much blends in with the flavours of the basil and garlic. it's really good, the flavor of the weed goes really well with the garlic and basil. flavor wise its best raw, and would be ideal to toss with freshly cooked pasta for an awesome basic italian meal. Once you cook the pesto into a pizza, the cooked weed in it takes on a more nutty flavor, and is more noticeable but still very tasty and more similar to the flavor of the pine nuts.

we also used the cannabis olive oil in some marinara (unfortunately the marinara is my friends secret family recipe so I don't know it)
    IMG_0996.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. #85 thezephyr, Jun 1, 2016

6. #86 thezephyr, Jun 1, 2016
    Here's the pesto recipe, it's a pretty old school recipe so it's written out as ratios like a mixed drink instead of specific measurements. the exact amount of each ingredient is pretty much up to you, and each batch is different depending on the flavors of the ingredients you use. (also my friend never measures his ingredients when he's not at work haha.) we infused 2 cups of olive oil for this meal.

infusion:
    put as much weed and trim as you can spare into a saucepan, the thicker the metal the better for an even heat. as long as all the weed is submerged in oil, you can use as much as possible or as little as you prefer. heat very low for 45 minutes. with olive oil, you want to heat it to the point that the oil starts to steam/vaporize and becomes fragrant, but not so hot that it smokes. A light simmer is chill, but once it reaches a simmer remove from heat and stir for a moment. continue for 45 minutes. strain to remove. you can cook longer for added potency, but 40-45 minutes seems to be a good middle ground between potency and flavor. different strains add different flavors to your meal. when I cooked with shaman I grew, infusions from one pheno tasted like orange essence, and another pheno had a more herbal flavor like oregano and mint.

PESTO
    Start by putting in a blender or food processor:
    1 part Pine nuts (start at a half cup)
    2 parts fresh basil and weed (you can decide how much of each to use based on flavor, ours was 1/3 fresh weed and pretty spicy)
    3 cloves garlic
    black pepper and salt to taste
    start adding olive oil and blending, continue until you get the right texture.
    remove from the blender, and combine with 1 part grated parmessiano or pecorino cheese.
    your pesto is complete.

• Like Like x 3
  7. start out with a medium or small amount of weed in your oil infusion. for some reason weed in a meal hits you much quicker than a brownie. It must be something about getting the weed with your protein and nutrition instead of just with fat and sugar, but you definitely metabolize weed in a meal way differently than in a brownie type edible. In my experience with an infused meal, people start to feel it right away and that can be pretty intense, but it's a super chill effect that never gets overwhelming. It's an intense bodily relaxation and sensation that doesn't mess with your head much (sometimes not at all), nothing like a conventional super strong edible infused for like 5 hours. this could also be to do with the bud we use, but it's always a super mellow experience.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ah, so cherry pie is the strain? Lol I thought you were talking about an actual pie. I would love to see your recipe for pesto. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks so much! Would 7 grams qualify as a medium or small amount for 2 cups of olive oil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hey man sorry for the slow response. yeah I think a quarter would be on the generous side of medium. infused into a whole meal, the dosage per volume in food wouldn't be that high, but everyone even people with a high tolerance will feel the effects.

11. got up to 102 today, I don't do so well with the heat but these OGs are lovin it. they smelled really strong and oily when I watered them this afternoon in the heat. heres a photo at dusk, I'll take another in full sun tomorrow.
    IMG_1006.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wow, those are really growing fast!

• Like Like x 1
  13. yeah it's close to 3 inches every day recently, the one on the right just grew past the top of the wire fence, and the plant on the left is only a couple inches behind. IMG_1014.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. with these doing so well, I'm putting out 2 seeds of professor paul's Lemon Cherry (lemon skunk x magoo). By the time I'm ready to move anything from my indoor cycle outside, the lemon cherries should already be pretty bushed out and big enough to make strong edibles and tincture if I chop them to make room for confirmed females. If not, hopefully the 2 males already grown from this pack will mean that I'll be statistically more likely to get females.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #95 thezephyr, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    2x Prof Paul Lemon Cherry
    IMG_1018.JPG
    just planted in seed starter indoor, they'll move outside as soon as they sprout. birds have been eating all the unsprouted seeds I plant outside recently.

• Like Like x 2
  16. today I'm making an ancient middle eastern edible recipe called majoun to test the effectiveness of a traditional recipe. I'll be posting pics of the process, and I'll be using the last of my 2 fresh indoor plants (1 male 1 female) plus a little less than a quarter of assorted sugar trim. Hopefully this goes well because there's a decent amount of bud going into it.
    Majoun

• Like Like x 2
  17. #97 thezephyr, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    shit looking back I just realized there's no link here my bad:
    The Walsh Cookbook: Pork Carnitas and Carnitas Tacos - Cathy
    this is the same as our recipe, and we infused the milk with a quarter of sugar trim for 40 minutes. infusing milk or cream works very well for incorporating weed into existing recipes, but remember to watch it constantly and to keep the heat low enough that it doesn't boil or separate. we used a little bit more milk than the recipe called for.

• Like Like x 2
  18. prep:
    IMG_1021.JPG
    dried and fresh herb
    IMG_1031.JPG
    dates golden raisins and currants
    IMG_1024.JPG
    to insure potency I'm also infusing the butter
    IMG_1033.JPG
    and I'm adding about .75 grams of mendo trainwreck hash from last years outdoor

• Like Like x 2
  19. #99 thezephyr, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    I just added the hash, seems to be going really well smells amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. finished product after like 5 hours of cooking
    IMG_1040.JPG
    I didn't blend or mortar it, just shaped it into balls and sealed with ground walnut and cashew
    IMG_1043.JPG
    its fuckin awesome

• Like Like x 4