stay alive-- organic medical grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by thezephyr, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Take your time recovering

• Like Like x 1
  2. enigma x lemon alien grow report:
    I've never seen this level of vigor before. these plants grew like crazy. the seedlings were started late in the season by my standards in early july. The plants grew bushy, branchy, and very leafy. the pace of growth and root development was truly amazing. with the seeds started in july, they were all able to grow to the full capacity of their 65 gallon smart pots by the time they were in preflower.

Early on, they did struggle with heat, and I lost 2 during a stretch of hundred degree days. These plants are susceptible to pm, but have an amazing level of resistance to bud rot. The buds are very tolerant of rain, but because of the shape of the leaves and overall structure, you need to watch for pm when the leaves dry. These produced thick, cohesive forearm sized colas on some phenos. Plants like that almost always get bud rot in my climate, but the colas from these plants were in perfect condition. A couple of small shaded inner buds on the lower branches were the only hints of bud rot.

These plants look quite uniform, but the mild variations cause some to look like more like kush, and others to look more like haze. The two tallest most 'haze' structured females were both herms. One was a full on nutsack herm that became unstable early in flowering. The other had clusters of bananas that remained hidden until trimming. The kush looking phenos were ready in mid-to-late october, the hazze phenos were next to harvest, and the bushy 'inbetween' phenos went the longest, and weren't ready until after the first week of november.

Buds were very resinous and sticky. The flowers are very large, full, and dense with calyxes, but this may be leafiest hybrid strain I have grown. It was quite time consuming to trim, but seemed very high quality.

smells are unusual. The earliest kush smelled just like a classic orange creamsicle. This pheno dried to smell like crates of bananas and oranges, and my friends are calling it jamba juice.
    The other phenos all smell like chinese food, with hints of citrus or blueberry. The dominant smell in these phenos is a mix of chinese five-spice, slightly greasy chow mein, and heavy cream. The fruit smells in the background vary from blueberry to grapefruit. It sounds weird, but it's really quite good.

@Pot Professor Paul
    Smoke and yield reports to follow

• Like Like x 2
  3. We have a pheno of lemon Alien x Las Vegas purple kush bx that has a distinct lemon vanilla with a crazy twist I just can’t put a flavor on we will see further into cure

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll post a smoke report soon for the enigma lemon alien, it took a long cure before they were smooth enough and had a desirable effect, but after a 5-6 month cure it's really good. the herm trait was unfortunate, but it still made good quality bud. they produced some really giant nugs.
    The buds don't have a great calyx to leaf ratio, but they are very resinous and sticky and they hit smoothly.

• Like Like x 2