stay alive-- organic medical grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by thezephyr, Apr 25, 2016.

1. #361 thezephyr, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    indoor update:
    I just harvested the first batch of my own Lebanese Sinatra hybrid, bodhi's Dank Sinatra (LA affie x 88g13hp) x real seed co lebanese landrace male. I made some f2's with a short, slow vegging, branchy male. Here are some flowering photos:
    IMG_3951.JPG red lebanese dom with sinatra-ish resin. smelled like hershey's chocolate, mandarin, and cedar
    IMG_3960.JPG lebanese dominant totem pheno. smelled like wood glue and cedar.

IMG_3958.JPG IMG_3955.JPG sinatra buds with lebanese pale green coloration on a slim lebanese father type frame. smelled like apple fritter, glazed donuts, and fruit loops.

I"m sampling this pheno now, and in terms of the flavors and medicinal effects, I got exactly what I was hoping for. The flowers on this pheno were remarkably similar to the female dank sinatra mother, but I can really see the lebanese influences in the paleness of the buds, and in the very delicate thin plant material that makes up the buds. these are not dense like the pure sinatra, but they hit remarkably similar. It is very potent with an immediate narcotic sinatra effect, but it also has the floaty sensation, trippy shroomy perspective altering properties, and massive peaceful outdoor sky sized headspace of the lebanese.
    The dry buds smell like glazed old fashioned donuts, jasmine green tea, and a hint of the overall aroma of a neighborhood donut shop with pure oil and notes of coffee. it has the same resin as the sinatra buds, which leaves your fingers oily and almost slimy. The flavor is like thai iced tea, glazed old fashioned donuts, and jasmine flowers.
    While smoking and handling the bud I get occasional blasts of that oily donut shop smell, like when your walking through the city, and someone opens the door of a donut place, and you just get blasted by that oily, yeasty, coffee and sugar bakery smell.
    The seeds produced by this pheno are the exact same large, blackish brown, oblong coffin shaped seeds produced by the initial Dank Sinatra mother. I'm excited to try those f2's, and I'm excited to grow more of the f1's sinsemilla to see what they can really do in terms of bud production.

I'm also really pleased that the lebanese dominant phenos have retained the lebense high while gaining much of the potency of the sinatra. It's still to early to tell about the flavors though, so I'll post those smoke reports later.

• Like Like x 1
  2. outdoor update, photos taken on saturday

professor paul's enigma x lemon alien
    IMG_4069.JPG IMG_4067.JPG IMG_4068.JPG
    I officially have 6 females, and the males have been culled. The sheer vigor of these plants is amazing. the growth is consistently explosive, we had to move the pots farther apart because their canopies are so wide. They are looking healthy, and attracting a ton of spiders. one plant was showing what appeared to be a touch of powdery mildew on 2 lower leaves last week, but it cleared up very well with another neem application. I'll get more photos soon. these are also kind of indistinct because of the stark lighting and heavy shadows.
    Here are the males before culling:
    IMG_4071.JPG IMG_4065.JPG IMG_4066.JPG

rudeboy og cutting from archive
    this was planted about 5 days before the enigma aliens, and as you can see it has been completely outpaced by the testers. This clone is looking nice and healthy though, and it is already preflowering.
    IMG_4063.JPG IMG_4064.JPG
    When I smoked rudeboi a while ago, it was pleasant and fruity, but based on the bud construction and size I didn't think it was a true og. I was pleased to see that the leaves look like og, but we'll see what the buds are like. I know this strain is potent and medicinal, but I haven't found a true og since I left the bay area.

acclimatized lebanese landrace
    IMG_4061.JPG IMG_4062.JPG
    the lebanese started flowering when the photoperiod began to decrease after summer equinox. this is a very favorable trait for this growing season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ethiopian number 4 round 2 from clone
    IMG_4083.JPG
    a very large resinous bud. this batch smells like chamomile, honey, and lemon. potent, but not a ton of flavor. this turned out much better than the initial grow from seed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. outdoor update:
    the enigma x lemon alien testers from @Pot Professor Paul are looking amazing. the vigor is insane, they look completely different every day. these photos were taken yesterday. they are all in early flowering stage. basically stretch phase, but looking more like a period of intense overall growth. branching is excellent, as is the number and distribution of bud sites. it's amazing, these were the latest to be planted and have become the largest plants in my garden. The pace of the vegetative growth definitely makes this a great option for a short northern growing season. These plants also seem to love the rain, which is a good sign for their moisture resistance as fall and rainy season approaches. No sign of powdery mildew, and they love the neem oil. these plants are really responsive to foliars, they always have a huge growth spurt after a neem oil application or seawead tea foliar feed, and they love the rainwater.
    IMG_4090.JPG IMG_4091.JPG IMG_4092.JPG IMG_4093.JPG

The rudeboi og clone from archive seeds is flowering, looking more like the alpine og tahoe hybrid I grew a few years ago than a true og. Should be a nice addition to my harvest though.
    IMG_4095.JPG

Lebanese Landrace
    IMG_4101.JPG IMG_4103.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. You found one of the cream pheno(s) you should start noticing more of a vanilla/orange/grapefruit smell around day 25-35 bloom. The citrus should start to get really heavy day 48-56 chopping around day 63 will be best medical quality any further past day 63 the smells turn more to kush.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lebanese sinatra lemon-poppyseed pheno
    IMG_3951.JPG
    bodhi dank sinatra (la affy x 88g13hp) female x real seed co lebanese landrace male
    this cross was made in my 2017 outdoor grow.
    this pheno has an amazing lemon pastry smell. It smells just like lemon curd, and lemon poppyseed cake. the buds themselves smell like lemon curd and pastry, and when you break it up you get a burst of a mysterious savory poppyseed and champagne carbonation smell. tastes very sweet and cakey with floral citrus and savory toasty baked flavors. there is a poppyseed like aftertaste. very different.
    the effect is intensely narcotic. it hits immediately with a warm numbing sensation, it's very uplifting, and it really quiets your mind. very potent.
    this plant was very heavily seeded, so it didn't yield much. the unseeded parts of the buds are incredibly dense, and it has the lebanese trait of incredibly pale almost neon bud tips.
    IMG_4122.JPG IMG_4149.JPG IMG_4150.JPG IMG_4157.JPG
    IMG_4116.JPG IMG_4114.JPG
    can't wait to grow more of these sinsemilla.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #367 thezephyr, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    outdoor update from last wednesday-
    all of the enigma aliens looking very happy
    IMG_4219.JPG IMG_4221.JPG IMG_4222.JPG IMG_4223.JPG IMG_4224.JPG IMG_4218.JPG
    group shot
    IMG_4225.JPG

rudeboy og clone from archive seeds
    IMG_4220.JPG

all of the lebanese have been harvested, here are some photos of the last two to be chopped
    IMG_4226.JPG IMG_4228.JPG
    this experiment of planting a seeded bud at the end of 2017 harvest season has really paid off. I was able to see a very high number of phenos in a very limited amount of space, and based on that I was able to verify that this pollination seems to be pure, with no signs of cross-pollination or contamination.
    some absolutely tiny plants that were late starts or out-competed formed really interesting single buds. In the photos and documentaries that I have seen in lebanon, there were a lot of tiny plants like this. I gave away lebanese seeds to people who have never grown before, and they got good results including a large plant with an enormous primary cola and a very healthy and happy medium sized plant that produced well in a dense garden with no care at all. It was very interesting to see the contrast between my lebanese and the plants that grew without competition. I'm really seeing the results of acclimatization within one generation of the initial grow, and I'm kind of amazed. the plants are much frostier, denser, and stronger this year.
    the smells from the dried buds are really interesting, retaining the melon, city/chinatown funk, and beer smells from the initial harvest last year, but with much stronger and more distinctive aromas. there are a decent number of phenos with variations of the same smells. some smell like melon or cucumber with mild tasty beer and cheddar cheese or sweet cream. Other phenos are like tart berry, lime, and beer. There are even a few that smell like a fruitier version of the 'india pale ale' pheno from last year.
    The hash yield from the lebanes was very good, there is a batch made with trim and a batch made with small flowers. The concentrates have an intense melon smell.

• Like Like x 2
  8. outdoor update from monday-
    unfortunately enigma alien pheno number 4 hermed suddenly after a 5 day period of very dark rainy days. I was really surprised because this plant has been praying all day, and praying to the moon all night. sorry to report this @Pot Professor Paul. It looked really happy, but I think the dark fall days may have stressed it somehow. The plant was rapidly bulking up its flowers, and had just started to fade. here are some detailed photos.
    this was the first sign of trouble, a dropped male pod on a fan leaf. found it while removing a few fan leaves to promote better airflow.
    IMG_4240.JPG
    healthy top bud
    IMG_4241.JPG
    potentially seeded calyxes
    IMG_4236.JPG
    calyx with a male pod growing out of it, and a male pod on the other side of this node
    IMG_4237.JPG
    continuing down the main stem, there are pure male flowers at one node
    IMG_4238.JPG IMG_4239.JPG
    flowering branch with male pods growing out of the preflower calyxes
    IMG_4242.JPG
    whole plant shot, with a similar shot from last wednesday for comparison to show how quickly the flowers filled in
    IMG_4235.JPG IMG_4223.JPG
    The bud structure and resin production looked really good while I was chopping it. The smells were amazing, and pretty unique. It smelled primarily like chinese dumplings with tangerine and christmas tree. The citrus and pine are noticeable, but the primary smell here is exactly the same as the spicy lamb dumplings I used to get at Kingdom Of Dumping in san francisco. Smells meaty, spicy, and oily with definite notes of chinese five spice. I'm making two grades of hash with it, one with resinous fan and guard leaves, and one with sugar leaf and flower. It would be amazing if this tastes like it smells.

Early in the grow I thought that this #4 pheno was going to be a male based on how it looked in veg. It was one of the fastest growing plants, and was consistently the tallest of the group. Once it was flowering, it looked like a happy healthy female with mild pest damage from munching bugs and no major issues.
    this was the stretchiest pheno. when it preflowered, it didn't show calyxes at every node. these empty nodes are where the pure male flowers formed. It looked and smelled like a haze pheno in comparison to the others.

I think this herm was provoked by a sudden change in the weather, and dim light during the rainy days. It's very odd because the plant overall looks very happy. the only other stress was some green grasshoppers that eat the pistils off buds, and cause some damage to the fan leaves. because they only eat the pistils, there is no actual damage to the buds. They don't eat anything with resin, just pistils and fan leaves. there are slightly more grasshoppers than usual this year, but it has never had a noticeable effect or an impact on yield in the past.

All the other plants are bulking up rapidly, and looking great. I'll get some bud photos and another update tomorrow. there is one other plant with a similar structure (#10 I think) which I will be watching carefully just in case.

edit- the photos below are duplicates, not sure why that happened

Attached Files:

9. Thanks Zephyr sometimes that happens they were bred indoors

• Like Like x 1
  10. the enigma aliens are starting to bulk up nicely and develop some decent frost. they looked really happy while it was raining, and now they should get about a week of consistent sun.

IMG_4298.JPG
    This kush-like pheno is the most mature, it might be ready to harvest early next week.

IMG_4299.JPG IMG_4300.JPG IMG_4301.JPG IMG_4302.JPG IMG_4304.JPG
    these have impressive branching and an amazing number of bud sites.
    It is very impressive that these plants were able to grow to the full capacity of their containers with only a short season. They are bigger, stronger, and more vigorous than average.

very impressive growth compared to the rudeboi og clone from archive, which was planted several weeks before the enigma alien seeds.
    IMG_4303.JPG this plant does not thrive in the rain

• Like Like x 2
  11. They like fermented fruit juices 2-3 teaspoons per gallon last few weeks hit em with a good organic sugar load the kush pheno should wreak of vanilla creme with a hint of citrus! You can start chopping anywhere between 52-77 days with the more sativa looking ones I would harvest around 60-67. Pushing until the end the flavanoids will change that’s why peak for terpenes with clear/milk triches will be in the 7 1/2 - 8 1/2 week window with exception of the more sativa dom

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. thanks professor, will do. you're exactly right about the terpene profile on the kush pheno, smells just like a creamsicle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #373 thezephyr, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    my ambitious plan for upcoming grows:
    as the ethiopian x afghani plants are harvested, I will be flowering small lebanses sinatra f2's from the lemon poppyseed pheno, donut shop pheno, and garlic pheno. These will be grown sinsemilla.
    I also have another batch of seedlings that will be used for a very small scale breeding project. I'll post an update with details on that shortly.
    Once this batch of seedlings in out of the veg tent, I will be starting a batch of testers for bodhi seeds.

Once the bodhi testers are out of the veg tent and into flowering, I'll begin starting seedlings for my 2019 outdoor grow and landrace breeding project. I will be growing bodhi's guava hashplant (stardawg guava x 88g13hp) and the real seed co's malana cream himalayan charas plant. I will be making pure acclimatized seeds in an open pollination of malana males and females, and hybrids with the guava hashplant females.
    Hopefully I will be ready to start these seeds by january or february at the latest. I will starting a half pack of bodhi's guava hashplant, and about half of my stock of real seed co. malana cream himalayan charas plant seeds. I will take clones of the guava hashplants to grow indoor during spring, and to make guava hashplant pure f2's to preserve that line for future use.

I will be starting the rest of my stock of malana cream when the weather becomes mild outdoors. I want to have plenty of seeds left in case they do not germ or grow well indoors, which is always a possibility with landraces.

• Like Like x 1
  14. just received some new testers from bodhi seeds-
    testers.jpg
    Goji raspberry sharpie f2 (nepali og x snow lotus)
    x omg (1970's production afghani)

trainwreck x ghash (88g13hp)
    the small size of these seeds kinda makes me think of mexican sativa

• Like Like x 1
  15. lebanese sinatra f2 seedling during transplant
    IMG_4393.JPG IMG_4392.JPG

16. Now that's service from your seed provider! Nice Details!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glad to see your still doing your thing man!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nice testers! I've never run Bohdi seeds, something I've been meaning to do for years now.. Do you have experience with Bohdi? I've only heard good things.

• Like Like x 1
  19. thanks xeno, good to see you again
    I'd definitely recommend them. aside from some strains in testing, I've done a few grows of bodhi's dank sinatra and solos stash. medium yields with great resin production and flavor. The solos stash was a fruity kush, and the dank sinatra was an old school hashplant indica hybrid with intense narcotic potency.

• Like Like x 1
  20. my apologies for the lack of recent update, I sustained an eye injury at an ophthalmologist appointment and haven't been able to read or look at a screen for over a week. after more than a week, it's finally starting to get better and I can read again for short period of time.
    @Pot Professor Paul I'm really sorry for the lack of pre harvest photos, I haven't been able to use a camera or cell phone. the plants went right until the end of the season here, and were harvested starting last wednesday. I'll post plenty of bud photos and a detailed update on harvest. Everything is looking great, classic dense leafy outdoor. somewhat susceptible to mildew, but very good resistance to bud rot. none of the primary colas or tops had any mold or rot, which is amazing for such a dense plant in this climate. The last two phenos have been pulled under a patio awning for protection from a 3 day rainstorm, and are being harvested this weekend.

• Like Like x 1