static vs dynamic thinking

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by smokin-n-tokin, Jun 30, 2009.

1. so i took a nice 6hr ride on motorcycle through some nice country side yesturday and it was just awesome (anyone who has ridden before knows the feeling) its just a freedom that really takes you away from life.

at one point i see a dead bird on the road and a cow pasture next to it. it was at this point when i started to think about human perspective. i came to think there are two types. static and dynamic.

i put my self in the pasture, looking over the fence at the bird. this was my static persepective. in one general area surrounded by things that were for the most part unchanging. one place in time.

then i came back to riding and looking around to see far into the distance and everything inbetween which constatly changed. this was my dynamic perspective.

anyways what i got back to was thinking about times like winter. where i end up spending alot of time in a house or a room or a building of some sort never really exploring a dynamic sense of what is going on. and how it leads someone to feel depressed and what not(winter blues). and then i thought about the summer, and spending all the time outside in nature or riding and how its a 180 in my thoughts.

i found it interesting. it probebly makes little sense. thoughts ,opinions?

2. I actually responded to your post in my wisdom thread about dynamic thinking... and i didn't even see this thread... weird.

anyways, I kind of get what your saying. But... i mean.... i think we all have dynamic personalities and thinking patterns. Simply changing your mind about one small thing makes you dynamic. I used to hate salad, now i like it.

I think having a dynamic mind is what keeps us from getting so bored with life and going insane. Nobody thinks the same way, about everything, all the time.

I'm not sure if i even touched on what you were saying...

But i'll be back in this thread, so i'll elaborate later after some more posts... man i've been losing my ability to come up with good responses in the S&P forums... must mean its time to trip again soon