States Rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Luigili, May 22, 2010.

1. I pose a hypothetical.

If California starts going bankrupt and most people in the state move out, how will California be mended? It can't stay a desert wasteland forever. How could they get people to move back into the state if they are bankrupt? Does the Fed intervene if they can't get it right? Maybe just give them ideas or something.

2. Once California figures it's shit out and balances it's budget will give former residents incentives to come back.

Personally, I would hate to have to leave California for any reason, and would take the opportunity of coming back. I'd also like to be part of the solution instead of the problem but if the majority of Californians are fuckn' up and aren't exercising the best options then maybe it's time for a scenery change. At least, till there's some progress.

In addition, I don't believe any state would become a wasteland (although arguably a lot of states could be jokingly described like this:p) because people wouldn't let it become one.

I would also argue that Fed intervention makes states dependent on aid, thus making them overall more inefficient. If, a state is constantly having financial problems and the Fed always steps in then, they'll never figure things out on their own.

This ultimately also leads to more gov't intervention; war on drugs, war on terror, nation-building, mass murder etc.

3. Oh.

4. Reign Supreme!