States legalizing in 2012?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by MrBongToker420, Nov 15, 2011.

1. It's gonna be real interesting to see what the Feds do when a state does vote to legalize completely. I expect a Janet Reno style " we don't care what you vote for, we're not going to allow it!" response.

Personally, I think Washington(the state) gets there first.

2. Don't forget OREGON!!! OREGON CANNABIS TAX ACT 2012!!!!

3. yeah but it was like 43/57 in favor against. thats damnnnnnnnnnnn close. And with people being even more broke, and more jobless. Over half of the country is in favor of legalizing.

West Coast legalization 2012!

4. how can ohio decrim any more than it already is? Ohio was one of if not THE most decrimm'd state in the US

5. To be honest I feel like going back into a hole! I keep reading about all these B.S. raids on patients in states where the people already voted for it to be medically legal. The Goverment don't give a dam what the people want. Once a lobbiest gets a hold of these politicians, they don't care.

6. I hope California legalizes we shud have won prop 19

7. [quote name='"VARick"']Florida might have a vote in 2012 if enough signatures are obtained or the bill approved in the legisture to put out for the public vote.[/quote]

haha florida will be one of the last. along with texas.

8. Idk if there is an actual bill trying to be passed or its being talked about, but i remember hearing something about a bill to get the lobbiest out of the gov't completely.

9. i'm glad you're so well informed on your state level....Seriously.. i'm pretty sure everyone would vote for a legalization if it was only 4g you could legally carry on your person.. why? because its a step in the right direction.. voting because its "not exactly what i wanted" is beyond stupid and big steps backwards in the fight towards marijuana liberation

10. [quote name='"HotDish"']
    i'm glad you're so well informed on your state level....Seriously.. i'm pretty sure everyone would vote for a legalization if it was only 4g you could legally carry on your person.. why? because its a step in the right direction.. voting because its "not exactly what i wanted" is beyond stupid and big steps backwards in the fight towards marijuana liberation[/quote]

exactly.

11. I'd vote for this.

Do you have any info on where the petition to sign is?

Legalize Freedom!

12. Do u really think with all the shit that has been goin on with all the medical dispenserys on the west coast the fed will
    Let these pass doubt it. It election time an all the politicians are just blowing smoke up our asses to get votes.

13. MI is no where close, we just had a huge raid on our medical program and they busted up a warehouse in Detroit with over $10 million in weed in it. Not looking good for us at all.

14. To bad it isn't up to the Feds to decide, it's up to the citizens of the state. Do you have any idea on how a ballot initiative works? If enough people sign the initiative it becomes an issue on the ballot. Simple as that.

15. [quote name='"redchrons"']MI is no where close, we just had a huge raid on our medical program and they busted up a warehouse in Detroit with over $10 million in weed in it. Not looking good for us at all.[/quote]

These are just a few of the things that put us closer. Your looking at it wrong;)

16. North carolina needs this bill :/

17. We'd better hope that 2 or 3 states vote to legalize next November. I'm afraid that if only one state passes it, the feds will roll out the troops and shut it down before the "domino effect" can kick in. On the other hand, if at least 2 states pass it (and especially if CA is one of them), I think that the cannabis industry will proliferate faster than the feds can send out SWAT teams to make busts. Meanwhile the rest of the country will see that the fears of the prohibitionists were unfounded, that the states with legalisation are enjoying a tax revenue windfall, and that with the opening of each new pot shop the federal government's power to stop it wanes. These facts will embolden other states, and THEN we will see the domino effect.

Anything is possible, but I really think we are at a turning point where this whole thing could go either way. I think the feds know it too. That's why I think we really need this to pass in at least 2 states, and preferably 3 or more.