State of Palestine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LighterThieve, Dec 1, 2011.

1. No shit? The USA almost doubled their contributions? :laughing:

2. Dunno for sure, but it was likely to catch up on some payments we had previously withheld in protest of certain UN actions, or lack of. :smoke:

3. and the other way around

4. Well then, what's the big deal? You had a problem with me saying that before, now you are telling me No shit when I say the same thing?

5. Uh, what? I didn't have any problem with anything you said before, unless you're talking about my response to your posting links with an attitude. Other than that, the only problem is the made up one in your head.

6. #28 Lenny., Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    I said the UN and the US are the same.. then you wanted a source which is fine... then I said it again and you said no shit..

Where is my "attitude"? I provided two links. If you want me to type with attitude then I will, but I'm fine typing the way I am.

I am really tired of the arguments that country A offered deals which country B refused. These people can't handle living near eachother and it's really annoying. I'm torn here. We shouldn't be meddling in the middle east, but I have a feeling that these people are going to be the start of WWII, and I feel as if something should be done. There really needs to be international congression on this matter, none of this voting on their right to exist.

7. #29 Swills, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Yeah I wanted a source because you seemed to know the numbers so obviously you would have the source. Sure I could have looked it up but I was sure you had it and you did. Again, thanks for posting it. My "no shit?" was a genuine "no shit". I didn't know the USA was the #1 UN contributor and I definitely didn't know they damn near doubled those contributions.

The attitude part I refer to this,
    Little bit of attitude, no?

This is all news to me, so cool on you for posting it. Stop taking offense where there is none.

And if WWIII starts it's gotta be in the Middle East. That seems to be where all of this has been heading. How many of you trust the Gov't anymore? The politicians? They continue to wage war on the Middle East and aren't even considering stopping. Sen. McCain wants to deal with Syria and Israel and US politicians are all over Iran, and lets not forget Pakistan/Afghanistan & drone attacks, and of course Libya, all of whom Russia and China have interests in.

This whole pig fuck is no accident and these fuckers want to see it through

8. #30 Lenny., Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    Well you see, that's the problem with text, it's hard to gage emotion over the internet. I took your no shit the wrong way and you took my "attitude" the wrong way.

Not really, I mean I edited it and just decided to post a link showing the whole budget..
    I'm well conducted on the internet, but at my job I have the worst attitude if I'm pissed. I've been sent home a few times but that's because I was fuckin up really bad on my part

I agree with this, our foreign policy is disgusting.

9. A very complicated affair indeed. This is probably the most accurate, bottom line statement as to why peace is so elusive; :smoke:

There are two intractable difficulties in the way of any such plans for Israel. If these difficulties can ever be overcome, then almost any reasonable allocation of resources and people could be made to work. But the it is likely that the real problems have never been addressed by any plan. The real problems produce excuses and alibis as to why the sides cannot make peace, and the plans to date have all addressed only those excuses. The first problem is in the hearts of men. It is the tragic conviction of too many people on both sides that all of the land belongs only to them and to no-one else, and that the continued presence of the other side on the land is illegitimate and a historic injustice. The second problem is that outside forces, especially in the Arab and Muslim world, have taken care to stir up and maintain this conviction and to arm those who will fight for it. As long as terrorist groups and the regimes that encourage them exist, they will try to sabotage any hope of peace, regardless of the terms. No plan can succeed until these problems are solved.

Taken from;
    Israeli-Palestinian Peace plans and final status proposals

This was interesting too and I think it's neutral;
    The Myth of the Generous Offer