State and Federal Laws

Discussion in 'General' started by MiZZuRKeD, Jul 23, 2008.

1. How is it possible for cannabis to be used medically if its illegal federally? I dont understand how state law can over ride federal law.

Someone explain?

2. In California, medical dispensaries are raided by the federal government. It seems to be selective though, like they can't seem to just shut them all down.

It's all very confusing to me as well.

3. You see the DEA is a federal institution, meaning that in order for it to regulate the drugs in the united states, federal laws had to be passed so that they could do there job. Now states on the other had can decide whether or not they feel they should be lax on cannibus or harsh on it. Many of the harshes states in the Union on Cannibus such as Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and many other bible belt states have actually spoken out defending states such as California or Oregon. They feel that state laws should not be over rulled by federal laws. Eventually a president or congress will have enough pressure on there backs that they will legalize it federally. The closest time in US history that cannibus was ever legalized was in the late 70's, it came so close to being legalized that ciggerette companies were fighting over the rights for names of cannibus they could use such as Acapulco Gold. I think the closest cannibus will ever come to being legalized is through the democratic run congress that we have now, and if Obama becomes president he won't veto the bill like bush always does. Think about it, this is the most liberal congress in history, the speaker of the house is from cali, the most lax state in the union. MJ has hope with this congress.

4. Thanks, helped alot. I can smoke a bowl in piece now :p

+Rep

5. We're in a period where states rights are being completely phased out. States rights used to matter. Pretty soon it will be central command from Washington.