Starting Your Own Lottery Scratcher Company?

Discussion in 'General' started by weednotcrack, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I just thought of this, seeing how the people who are selling the scratchers are undoubtedly making more money than the people buying the scratchers, it makes me wanna start up my own lottery scratcher company. I really don't know how to start a lottery scatcher company, but I have an idea. I think would have to start off by having at least $1,000 dollars in the bank to be used as the jackpot, then sell scratchers for $1.00 and have only a few small $10, $20, $50 dollar jackpots here in and there. Then when my profit increases, the jackpot would increase, and eventually I can retire and just rack in the money from all the people buying my scratchers.:D The only thing is that I don't know where to become a certified lottery scratcher company.

2. you're gonna need a lot more than a $1000 man. A license just to VEND tickets (in NJ at least) is around 5 grand, so I can't even imagine how much you'd have to pay to to certify your own company.

3. Is that even legal?

4. i need a get rich quick scheme too. think deeper my nikka!

5. You would need a license to operate in your state, as well as sell your lottery tickets, which isn't going to come cheap. Not to mention, you need someone to produce and design your lottery scratchers, as well as find vendors who will carry and sell your product. You will not succeed selling some knock off on the streets, and it would be illegal since you would not be paying taxes.

Remember two things, you need money to make money, and this is by no means a get rich quick scheme, like, at all. I guarantee you, 50% of your profits, if not more, would be going to taxes.

6. I'm pretty sure that the state gov't is who is in charge of manufacturing tickets, I don't think you can start a private lotto company. Our ticket profits go to education in NC.

7. Yeah, and I forgot to mention this.