Starting with 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lizardking84, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Hey I just sexed my NLxBigBud and I got 2 out of 4 that are females. Right now I have no room for separate rooms and I only have one 400W HPS. I am doing a big outdoors grow this summer and I want to get a head start before I transplant so here's my question:

Can I start my 30 seedlings under the 12/12 cycle just to get them going and possibly even sex them, then after 2-3 weeks when I've harvested the NL can I put them on 24 or 18/6 for another few weeks until transplanting outdoors or will all that changing just stress them to hell?

2. Ok Here is an idea.
    Take the two plants that you KNOW are females and use one as a cloning mother and throw the other female in the dirt outdoors (when time). You can get an infinite amount of clones from it, you know they are female so you don't have to waste time and energy sexing, and they can mature quicker BECAUSE they were not started from seed. Bata-bing-bata-bang. Save your seeds for a rainy day incase something catastrophic happens. Then later down the line you can clone off the female that is outdoors, and have a huge outdoor grow with all females, guaranteed.
    Just a thought. That’s what I would do.

3. Never really thought about that since I already have a bunch of seed packs, but I'll think about it, thanks dude.