Starting Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Kush_Buddah, Dec 13, 2013.

1. What's a good vaporizer to start with if you want something that can get you really high. So far I've owned a MFLB and I've never seemed to get more then a mild buzz that can fade away very quickly, I've heard good things about Da Buddah, Silver Surfer, and a few others.

What's a good vaporizer to look for if I'm willing to spend between $100 to $150.

2. #2 MacThatVape, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    Im not too sure if you can buy what you want for $150 I paid $250 for my solo and its one of the best portables I have used. But check ebay maybe there is something selling on there

3. I've seen that one on Ebay for about $140 to $150 yesterday actualy, and keep hearing good things about it ^_^. I'm wondering tho about the smell, is it discreet like the MFLB or If I used it inside would it reek of bud?

4. Dude silver surfer all the way! Heres a link to there website. Only 180 for a blemished model. 

http://silversurfervap.com/sale-items/blemished-silver-surfer-vaporizers.html

*These units have a scratch, dent or chip on the housing. They are brand new and have never been used. They are tested and have the same 3 year warranty, as our new units. 

I have read user reviews and they all say you can barely tell where the blemish is and it never affects how the unit actually works. just scratch or somethin.

Plus at that price theres no reason to get the Buddah when its a cheaper made mdel by the same company as the surfer!

5. #5 MacThatVape, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    if your worried about smell. Like I am living in an apartment building. What I did was got an o ring for the Solo from PV then its airtight so it wont leak any vapor. Stick a towel under the door, open a window and have a fan directly blowing into the window and light 3 candles or 1 incent and just moderate your tokes and smell shouldn't be a problem as long as you blow out a window

Desktop vape are a little more smelly because they really aren't made to be airtight or to never ever leak some vapor because its just not something that is needed, but if smelliness is not a worry then I would deff get the SSV get a lot more vape production and clouds but the arizer will produce big clouds as well just takes a bit more bud to get as high.. 

honestly the da buddah works just as good if you are somewhat careful loading the whip.
    the ground glass stem on the DBV is a big advantage as well.
    but to each his own.

those "Blemished" models are usually shipped miss-matched colors.
    like the dent and scratches are very, very small, or youll have a multi colored vape.
    its a bargain really.

7. yeah man but the extra 30-40 bucks gets you a 3 year warranty. and if im going in invest i something like this, id like to know that my shit is covered. but thats just me tho. the only problem with the airzer (if you are talking about the solo portable) is the health risk factor. some are putting off a fume that will be inhales threw the glass mouth piece. silver sure def has milky hits but vape smell dissipates from the air in about 3-5 minutes. so even if it does smell ti wont smell nearly as bad as smoke and wont last long enough for anyone outside of your room. insets are never a bad thing either.

8. I have read about the fumes you speak of but I own a solo and can say 100% no smell of mechanicals come from mine. But yea incents are the way to go I have one burning right now :p

The Solo is even more discreet than the MFLB when it comes to smell. It is a very low smell vaporizer.

I do not believe that there have been any "health risk factors" identified with the Arizer Solo.

Huh?  :confused_2:

11. DBV is great.  Honestly, all the ones you listed would  work well for your needs.

Arizer solo is on sale for $150 online.

12. In my experience the solo smells VERY BAD when using. Even on low settings it stinks shit up. And it is recommended to kill the battery for the first time by burning off all the chemicals inside the solo. The smell of them is very prevalent until a very long burn off session. 

13. Get a "blemished" DBV if you can find one. I got one 3 years ago for 120 bucks and I'm still hitting it right now (literally right now  :hippie: ) It's great! 

14. Alright so the general consensus..is the Solo smells pretty bad, and I'm interested in a good vaporizer that dosen't have a strong smell, since for me right now smell is an important factor. I could always go outside to do it but then i'd be no different then smoking lol.

Anyway it seem a blemished DBV sounds good, how's the smell with the buddah compared to the silver surfer and the MFLB?

This is NOT the general consensus over at FC.

It might be useful if you mentioned what portable vaporizers your are comparing the Solo to when you say it "smells VERY BAD".

In my experience the Solo smells far less than the Pax, Inhalator XP, and Pinnacle Pro. It smells less than the MFLB and T1 only because I have experienced combustion with those vapes many times, and that leads to the worst smell of all. Otherwise I would consider the T1 and MFLB to be "low odor" as well.

Amen!

17. Mhmmm the vape I really wanna get the most is the Arizer Solo cause of all the good reviews, the only thing that puts me off is the smell factor for now. But I've used a pax, and MFLB and it didn't smell much like anything to me, so if the Solo is similar or less smelling then I'll probably go with that over the Buddah.

Plus walking around with a Buddha stuffed in your pocket with the whip hanging out might raise some eyebrows, eh? 

19. ^That indeed is correct lol.

20. I own a solo and don't have enough good things to say about. As far as smell is concerned it does smell but quite mild. Every vape is going to produce SOME smell.