Starting today - ?s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MustangMan, Oct 6, 2005.

1. I'm going to start my seeds today. I got three types from nirvana - Jock Frost, B52, and White Widow. I plan on germinating 10 seeds from one of them - which would be the easiest? I grew some plants about 25 years ago without much success. I plan on germinating using Stylez1877 technique.

I'm going to start them off in 16oz red cups under flourescents 2x40w for a week or two and then transfer to bigger container and put under under 400w MH for veg.

I purchased Scott's Potting Mix for seed starting and some perlite to mix in - is this a good soil mix to start with?

Thanks for any help.

2. Looks pretty good.

I think the germination rate should be pretty much the same for all of them.

Also, with the red cups (I use those too) make sure there's some holes in the bottom of the cup, so water can drain out. I use two cups, one with holes and one that's under it with no holes.

3. Thanks Astro, good idea.

4. So far, so good. I used the Jock Horror seeds and all ten seeds germinated :) . I transferred them into the party cups.

Hoping for the best.

5. Hey,about the soil,scotts is not too bad.
    I had ok results but found FOXFARM soil to be best for the young and old.
    If you have a hydro store around look for it,its best for good seeds.

6. I'll look for it seeofgreen, thanks.

How long does it take the sprouts to break through the soil?

I planted the germinated seeds yesterday.

7. 4-8 days some like to take there time :smoke:

8. Nice friendly thread, as always! :)

Let us know how you progress MustangMan

9. Nine of the ten have broken through the soil. I have them under floros 24/7 about three inches above the top of the cups. I took the baggies off the tops of the cups.

10. Make that ten out of ten! It's amazing how fast they came up.

11. congrats..glad to know the germ worked out for you..now lets hope they are all ladies!! :)

12. lets hear an update on these guys i mean girls (crossing fingers);) best of luck to you ill stop by every once in a while

13. They seem to be doing good. I'll try posting some pics over the weekend. Right now I have them under the floros on a bench in my basement, I have to clean out a storage closet/room I have down there to set up my 400W MH light. I've been dragging a bit due to the neverending rain we're getting in NJ.:mad: It's supposed to clear up, so I should be able to set it up with mylar by Sunday.

I haven't watered them yet - the soil is still moist.

14. Here's some pics of the plants:

Attached Files:

15. This is the smallest and a group shot:

Attached Files:

16. I cleaned out the storage room over the weekend. I decided not to put the mylar up yet. I set up a small fan as well to keep temps down.

Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

17. a couple of them look a little lanky but look very very healthy.... pray for some females :pray:

18. I transplanted into 2 gal. grow bags with 3/1 mixture of FF Ocean Forest/Chunky Perlite.

They look good to me, a little curling on some leaves though. I'll post an update in a few days.

Attached Files:

19. What do you mean by 3/1 mixture. Still new to this. I like the bags you used, will you have to ransplant them again or are they set? You plan on painting the walls? How much were your lights? Sorry for all the questions, trying to learn.

20. 3/1 I believe means for every 3 (units) of the soil, he added 1 (unit) of perlite. Correct me if Im wrong though.