Starting to work on a closet grow.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by v6lur, Feb 18, 2012.

1. 150cm height
    120cm width
    55cm depth

The bigger part of this closet, what imma use for flowering.

Smaller ones width is like 60cm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gonna use 400w HPS and install some fans.

Wanted to ask about the size.
    Would it work and for how many plants? I was thinking like 4 flowering.

2. #2 v6lur, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    So all this time later...

I got all the shit I ordered.

Using 400w Sylvania GroLux with HESI nutes.
    Bloom complex and Phosphorus Plus.
    Using tap and rainwater.

Installed 3x120mm PC fans... not nearly enough.
    Hooked up a PC fan controller what shows me temps n keeps em fans spinnin.

Got my hands on some NL autos what didn't turn out autos so I went to 12/12 few days ago.

Attached Files:

3. I added 1 more fan... this one I attached to my reflector.

Few days under 12/12.

Attached Files:

4. Looks good.

Dont use PC fans, use an inline fan (with filter?). And Don't use tap water, its got lots of metals and crap you dont want to get to your plants. Filtered/reverse osmosis water is the way to go.

Oh and, if you wanna maximize your light reflection, put mylar on all the inside walls including the floor & ceiling. Maybe you can throw in a couple CFLs here and there because your plants look pretttty big.

5. if you have to use tap water let it sit in a tub a day mate i have to use it its ok once its been sat out. above says use inline with filter hes right mate ya gonna get a smelly room house knock knock shit for the peace of mind go buy a inline with a good scrubber can rhino mountain n fresh r all good.

6. Letting tap water sit out for a day removes some things like chlorine, but not every impurity... Reverse Osmosis is really the best way to go about it.

http://www.monstergardens.com/hydro...mshopgreen.tpl&product_id=1138&category_id=72

7. #7 v6lur, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    I have access to rainwater n a well, been usin tap cause I'm lazy n HESI nutes alter in some way too. Most of the times iv been using rainwater tho... hoping it to neutralize the Ph a lil.
    I know that PC fans ain't the best, but atm I don't have resources for better ventilation.
    No need for a filter either.
    Too poor for mylar too :D there's only one proper hydro store where I live n stuff there is way overpriced.
    Gonna up a notch on my second grow, I don't rlly like that closet bs.
    My first inside grow.

Edit:

And ou yeah... their too big... grew out my closet basicly... NL auto femz... n they didn't turn out auto... hence the size.

Rlly hoped to have smaller plants. :D Using only 5l pots... that's less than 3 gallons... 1.5 gallons aprox.
    Wanted to go with 5 gallon pots at first... would of been craaaaazy :D