Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Starting to really like doing edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by reefera, Jul 31, 2012.

1. #1 reefera, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Now that I feel a little more confident in what I'm doing and not being so afraid of the smell then knowing how to cut down the smell if needed I'm excited about this being my main source of mj delivery.

I would suggest to everyone here who are afraid of the smell to invest in a portable convection oven being that you have a smaller space to hide it in a confined area like I do, to contain the smell I put the oven in my frontload washer with towels under it being careful it doesn't touch any plastic parts inside my washer. So far I've only done this once and I certainly don't want to damage my washer so I've done this no longer than 30 minutes.

I'm more comfortable using butter but will try using the coconut oil to cook with once I try other recipes.

So far I can't stop eating those Peanut Butter Cookies which is a no-no for me since they contained brown sugar and I'm a diabetic. I've since found a diabetic web page I can shop for a brown sugar replacement for diabetics. I'll continue to use Agave nectar for regular sugar.

I'm a chocolate lover so I'll try to make some brownies in the near future. Looks like I'll be making much of this stuff by scratch :( unfortunately and so far I've only seen the unsweetened boxes of cake mix etc advertised once and I haven't seen anything on the shelf since when it comes to easy/ready to mix goodies.

My only concern when using edibles is possible weight gain being that whatever you use has to have a high fat content in order to mesh with the mj so I need to know some low calorie or low fat uses if at all possible.

So suggestions are welcomed.

Oh and please do not suggest bread -- I try to stay away from all breads with the exception of occasionally eating whole wheat bread slices or pita bread.

2. Make capsules, minimal effort to consume, minimal calories, easy to conceal, convenient to carry

3. Thank you HMP.

Right now my mind is rejecting the capsule thing but I know it's because I'm looking at it as being a pain in the a$$ to do. Working with small items isn't my forte since I tend to be kinda clumsy and I can image oil everywhere but in the capsules lol but this seems to make more sense.

4. I mix weed butter with my tuna salad or melt on a piece of whole wheat bread.

5. You should look into making a tincture with alcohol or glycerin. It is a similar process to oil but will require some newer methods.

If you use an alcohol based tincture you are avoiding the fatty solvents such as oil. You can also put your oil into something other than just sweets like cookies and brownies though.

I like to dose straight up cannaoil for myself and close friends. Either put it in a cup of coffee or mix it in with a shot of alcohol. This tends to work great and with minimal taste difference, or the unhealthy food to bake it into.

There are many options when it comes to edibles. This is a great thing, because you will find pros and cons to many different methods.

Its all about finding the right one which suits you :happy:

6. That is cool. Yeah I can't eat a brownie everyday lol. Are tincture's hard to make?
    I make sure to use the earth balance butter. It has omega 3 oils in it. It's Healthier
    Butter

7. Tinctures are very easy to make haha

8. I usually make milkshakes with my cannaoil.

9. Don't you have too let tinctures sit for a few monthes ?
    if not, can anyone point me in the right direction

10. [quote name='"Ron Jeremy"']Don't you have too let tinctures sit for a few monthes ?
    if not, can anyone point me in the right direction[/quote]

Not when you apply heat to them! This will speed the process tremendously.

And they are in fact fairly simple to make. I think a double boiler is best for it, or a crockpot. But there are other ways.

Badkat has a great tutorial for tinctures (then again what doesnt she have a great tutorial for :p)

I would post the link but am on the phone app. If you take a look at badkittysmiles' sticky at the top of the forum labeled badkats cannapharm there are tons of guides in there. Check out her blog for the table of contents.

Good luck and hope that helps!

11. These are the different things I have made or wanna try:

Weed brownies
    Weed muffins
    Weed cupcakes w/ medicated frosting
    Weed suckers (a little too much butter lol) these are fun to make
    Weed cookies
    Weed infused almond milk (for the morning mocha) so good
    Weed tuna salad.
    Medicated whole wheat pancakes
    Wanna try:

I wanna make medicated suckers with a nugget in the middle. So you can see the nugget as you get closer. Of course you name the sucker after the strain.

Weed infused ice cream. Weed infused soda.

I thought about medicated spaghetti. You could boil the pasta in some medicated olive oil and than plate it with some meatballs and than have medicated garlic butter.

More ideas later. Any suggestions? Let me know

12. You can make a great Dragon using a cold process with Everclear. Once you make the Dragon, you transfer the thc to the glycerin or honey or oil. This can be done in 48 hours with no heat except a double boiler to evaporate the ethanol. If you just let it air evaporate, you'd need no heat at all but it would take longer. I use this as a base for all my edibles and tinctures. If you like, the Dragon itself is a great tincture as long as you don't put it under your tongue. It burns quite a bit. Here's a link that explains the process:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...-goes-psychedelicsams-magic-honey-elixir.html

13. #13 BadKittySmiles, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Let's remember that, besides glycerin and alcohol tinctures being an option, a little oil in your diet is actually
    necessary, and it is not at all unhealthy!

Like someone else mentioned, capsules are a great way of dosing with very minimal fat... a gram or less, and the
    source can be healthier than lard or butter, coconut oil is in fact ideal for processing and absorbing cannabis
    glandular material, and it is often used for weight management.

Any food that can stand a touch of oil, can be used... I often crack open my capsules and add them to things
    like salad dressings, sandwiches, soups, gravy, hummus, and more!:smoke:

But a jar or container of uncapped oil can even more easily be kept in the fridge, or the freezer for years, or even
    on a shelf in your pantry for months at a time. :hello:

Have you used the search feature, or read the stickied threads? :)

I had canna sausage gravy and hash biscuits for breakfast last week, snacked on canna beef jerky yesterday,
    and for dinner a few nights ago I made myself and several patients a round of gluten-free canna crepes and
    pancakes
    !
    We made a huge batch of canna lollies, with medicated gummy centers, late last month, and I keep a carton and a
    bucket of homemade canna ice-cream with eight and twelve servings, or doses, chilling in the freezer at almost any time. :p

Tincture infused sodas, and juices, and smoothies are just as easy, as adding your tincture, and then simply canning or
    bottling the contents!

Big pitchers of canna beer, and punch bowls of canna cocktails, and juices, are great for the holidays, special
    occasions and get-togethers, along with glowing hash jello.

I make an edible dish for myself very nearly every day, and my freezer is fully stocked for the days I don't feel
    like cooking.
    I also provide a wide variety for patients using meds I donate, or the meds they provide... canna coffee creamer
    and whipped creams, both vegan and milk derived, are favorites of several patients. :hello:

A few examples... most all the below recipes can be found in the CannaPharm. :)

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! [​IMG]

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Pot'-tato Salad made with canna oil, half homemade hash mayo, and half store-bought mayo.
    Before adding the taters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna S'mores, made with marshmallow, PB Canna Cookies, and Hashy Bars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truffles are super simple, they require three or four simple ingredients, they take about 10 minutes.. and no baking is required!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can skip the chocolate coating and the 'fuse' for the BOMBS, to make a much more simple PB fudge treat..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna Oil in the frosting, and cake...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Hello Jello' (dragon/hash-tincture/oil infused, jello dessert treats)..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Aussie-style Hashy Meat Pie.... of the 'bacon cheeseburger' variety. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(ALL of the food items in the photo below, have been infused with hash oil, canna oil, tincture, or all of the above! [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the GC Techies got the photo albums back up, and running, I was thrilled!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad made with tincture...

[​IMG]

Then, you have oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with a tincture, you can expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... glycerin and alcohol tinctures do require
    more patience than oils, during processing, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even sushi is easy!

Alcohol and glycerin hash tinctures in the sushi rice (which calls for mirin, a rice wine, sugar and vinegar... some
    sushi rice recipes also call for oil, so hash oil may be used as well), and a touch of alcohol tincture with the water,
    that is used to hydrate the wasabi. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you want something really simple... just pop your oil into capsules when you're done!

These keep better than any other edible.. on a shelf, in a desk, or in the freezer.. and they're always ready for eating. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Some smoking concentrate made the same way as the above caps, minus the oil of course, with a faster wash/rinse...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just when you thought that the liquor flavored "Kopper's Cordials" couldn't possibly get any better...

We turned around, and made them with Golden Dragon. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! [​IMG]

Hope this helps get your creativity going! :yay:

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    [​IMG] )

14. ^^^^^ Holy shit.

15. [quote name='"Antibalas"']^^^^^ Holy shit.[/quote]

No one can touch BKS on the edibles hahahah

16. You don't want to "boil" noodles in oil. You'd fry it and they'd be hard.

Plus you don't fry things in olive oil to begin with.

17. Kitty is the edible queen....

Her recipes have helped many of us along