starting to grow need input

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronic_Dub_Man, Apr 13, 2008.

1. I just got my Medical Card And I'm Planning to set up a Grow Box, and just want some input, I can Grow 6 Plants being in Oregon, so i was thinking of a 4 by 4 by 6 Box plywood, with a 400 or 600 watt hps, I would be usen Soil thinking of 5 gallon buckets, gettin a 4' inline carbon filter, i will be building this in my garage, so i have to figure out a good way to vent, would running the outtake into the crawl space work? its a new manufactured homes with the garage built on.. so the crawl space leads under the house and is well vented so would it be Okay for me to run my exhaust under the house so i dont put the air back into my garage.. and should i have my intake gettin fresh air from the outside or could i just fan in the air in from my garage..:confused:

2. How big is that crawl space? B/c honestly if that's at least like 3x3x5 or bigger i'd take advantage of mother earth's insulation. It'll be cooler down there and your hot air will rise nicely in your ventilation.

If you can get get to 600w HPS do it. You might need to get a cooltube or air-cooled hood. I found it very hot with my 400w HPS in a 3x3x5 room when I first got it (will little ventilation at the time).

Your fresh air doesn't need to be be from outside. Just make sure you have a little more intake than out-take.

3. its just the crawl space to get under the house not much room i was just wondering if i could vent it under my house and if the smell would come up tho, I was gonna Build a 4 foot by 4 foot by 6 foot tall grow box and run the outtake under the house. so its not coming out from the sides of the garage so no one could smell it walking by. and would just one 600 watt hps be good for 6 plants or would i need more light I wanna try for 3 oz pre plant.

4. There are too many variables to try and figure out how much you can get off one plant. A better method of estimating is in grams per watt of light. Experienced growers under optimal conditions can expect to get around 1/2 g per watt of light. If you are just starting out, it will probably be substantially less.

Venting under the house is a really bad idea. Out the roof is the best option. You are going to have a problem keeping this space cool enough. I also recommend an air cooled light. In the winter, you can take cooler air from outside or the crawl space to cool your light and space. You will need to run a heater in the winter when your light is off. During the summer, you will most likely need to cool your space and also use cool (air conditioned) air to cool the light. Ventilation and heat control are critical to a successful grow.

5. hey thanks for the input, I'm taken your recommendation on the air cooled light, I'm gettin the yeildmaster 2 air cooled 6" with 6" inline fan with a 6" odorsok on a 600 hps watt sunsystem ballest with a hortilux bulb... how big of a intake u think i should use. could i use Flat Whisper Fan for intake and about 10" or even use a few smaller computer fans for the intake and would just one 600 watt hps be good enough for 6 plants...... I appreciate the help guys, gettin alot of info for the help. just maken sure i buy right Ventilation before i start to build the box so i dont have to go back and redo anything