starting to grow in iowa in july, will that work out?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by taitpeter, Jul 1, 2004.

1. im going to plant 20 shaman seeds outside on july 1st. i was wondering.......
    will the plants have enough time to mature and harvested?

btw, i live in iowa

thanks for all your help....

Tp

2. come on guys, i reallllllly need some help

3. ........................... from what it says about shaman here, http://www.dutch-passion.nl/index.html ,it may not be a good choice for Iowa. Do you get frost before the first week of October? If so, you will have to harvest early, which sucks, or risk having them get ruined by an early frost. You should stick with Indicas, there are some strains bred to finish even earlier, they usually have the word "early" in the strain name.

Good luck.

4. I started a different strain the day after Bonnaroo (roughly June 28-29) can't remember cause it took a hot minute to get back home (Iowa). I did have to cover the plants a couple of nights because of frost warnings in Oct. If worst comes to worst just find an abandon barn and use that. The farmers are usually not going to use old barns for storage of equipment until after they are done harvesting. Or just harvest early. Good for you to try and bring good bud to good Iowans. Much positive energy sent to you.