starting to bloom in july nor cal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jeremy 707, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hello there basically question is judging by photo's are these girl's on there way into bloom pistils are popping up everyplace i know the 2 that are obviously in flow but what do i do as it's july 7th switch to bloom feed? ride it out tell early August with veg feed ? they where placed outdoors on the 15th or so of may as clones from a 24/0 light schedule . The days are about 14hours 40 min of light ,days are getting shorter longest day for me was i believe 25th/26th of june ,days are getting shorter so i assume they are going to flower and never turn back . i will just harvest early correct? 9 weeks or so from today. Just on the fence here everything was vegg'd indoors 1 month before going outdoors finishing this size is quiet ok with me . just need someone who does there thing outdoors and has ran into this they did bloom a tad in may but pull'd out, this time i don't think thats what will happen last week before nodes where showing and little crowns , i noticed a 3 inch stretch almost over night . ive seen this indoors the first 2 weeks of flower

Attached Files:

2. Here are a few more of today

Attached Files:

3. 109 people can't help me out gzzz where's all the love at

4. It's not uncommon for plants to flower in July, especially from clones. Give them N for another 2 weeks, then switch to bloom.

5. Let them flower naturally .. plants will flower on their own once they reach a size.. so no dont listen to the guy above and leave them ..

6. Follow up my grow on the link below... Your doing great.. dont even bother giving them nutes.. the leaves will provide enough food till harvest... people tend to over nute there plants hence giving them a crappy taste ... I would go with water ...

7. OP the advice given by A303 is the right one to follow. This Cannasmoke dont know his from a hole in the ground. Go check his journal you would be amazed at who give advice now a days. good Luck dirrtyd

8. Dude... Plants dont start flowering when they reach a certain size. They start flowering when light or sun is at so many hours.. Plants can veg indeffinently when the light cycle is right..

Listen to a303 and Dirrtyd they know whats up.

9. Yeah G I'd recommend waiting a week or two pref. before you start giving them bloom nutes.

And why are you going to harvest early?

10. I think he just means they will be ready early because they've started flowering sooner. Go by the hairs, or trichromes if you prefer.

11. That is a very photo-sensitive strain. Looks like your going to get a great yield off the plant in the second picture. Gonna be hell to trim though.

12. Well why do plants start flowering during long days then.. It gets dark at 8 nowadays and they are still flowering... I know that light has a big factor on this but the size of the plant also can play a part... Im a new grower i use common sense... Yeah for the guy who was talkin shit about my grow go and check it out.... my ladies are beautiful bitch..:D

13. Depends on your latitude. I wouldn't call getting dark at 8 a long day - it's light until 10 here. If you take a northern strain and grow it in the south it will flower early. It could also be ruderalis genetics.

14. Thank you all who replied i will hold off 2 more weeks around the 24th they will get transition feed then bloom until harvest .Well tell i flush anyway i'm after 2 lb's dry seem's doable they are however just 5 gal grow bags i have to water once every other day and every day when real hot out . it's funny how much slower growing outdoor is due to indoor
    Everything comes on real gradual . It's my first outdoor grow its been hell so far relocated 3 different times already thank god I didn't plant in ground as plan'd my season would have been long over with . Again thanks all who replied and getting right to point later's

15. You could just give them half flower and half veg nutes.. And yes for everyones sake disregard cannasmoke. He thinks that all plants are auto flowering ;)