Starting sprouts outdoors? (asap after germ)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LankySwag, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Well I'm gonna germ, then I need to put in some starter soil in small pots then move them outdoors ASAP!

Do I give full sun? Shade? Idk guys, help

2. Full sun if you can water them when you need it, Shade if your not gunna be around for a couple hours.

3. I'm gone everyday at work from 7am-4pm

Am I good to leave full sun? Then water everyday when I get home?

4. Yeah man depends on the pot and the soil. Are you using those little starter black pots? like 3"X3"? they tend to dry out pretty quick.

5. I actually have a picture, hold on :D

6. [​IMG]

But like i said, i have access to basically whatever size i require :) if these arent good, i thought theyd be nice

7. well they look pretty good, so it comes down to the soil and how well it holds water. I think if you just water them religiously when you get home from work they should be alright in full sun :)

8. Thanks for the help

Anybody else have a second opinion?

(btw soil mix is a Dr. Earth Starter Soil (promotes root growth)

9. Still would like another opinion as to put my worry to rest :/

10. nope thebluemagoo's got it right, you should be fine

11. Full sun. I doubt they'll dry out that fast till the days get warmer. Right now you should be good to go. And full sun is a growers best friend. I'd always use a bigger pot before wasting daylight.

12. So its almost the time to plant (germing currently)

and i was wondering, its gonna rain a couple times this week, will they be alright? i dont want to drown them

and should i use a spray bottle to water? or can i just straight up water with a little soda bottle?

13. [quote name='"LankySwag"']So its almost the time to plant (germing currently)

and i was wondering, its gonna rain a couple times this week, will they be alright? i dont want to drown them

and should i use a spray bottle to water? or can i just straight up water with a little soda bottle?[/quote]

I Would not risk seedlings in rainy weather. When they are babies you should baby them. And I use a spray bottle until they are about 5 or six inches

14. If you bury the pot into the ground it will stop the moisture evaporating so quickly. Then when it comes to transplant you have a nice little hole to put them in, unless you need to adulterate the soil. I'd be more concerned about animals than weather.

15. Hey there Lanky.

I sprout my seedling indoors but out the door they go after a few days. I just use 16oz styrofoam cups. If the temps dont get too high - over 82 or so, they wont need to be watered but about every 3 days.

One little note. Make sure as hell you get some snail killer/bait and sprinkle a bit on each cup. The snails will climb up the cup and suck your little seedlings dry before you can get home from work. No snail killer - goodbye seedlings.

Dont worry about the rain or wind. Ive had downpours on mine that actually beat them down but theyll stand right back up. These will be outdoor grown and if they cant handle a good thunderstorm your done before you get started. Most strains do just fine. Its really good for stem development in my view. Cannabis seedlings need a little wind/rain stress to develop a good strong stem.

I went to walmart and bought a 3 gallon clear tub and set my cups in and i put a piece of wire mesh for the top. This wont keep the snails off but it keeps rabbits, deer or anyother critters from eating them..

Good luck.

16. You say don't worry about the rain - in the UK we've just had 3 weeks straight so I'm not looking forward to seeing mine. Should have brought them in really.

17. 0_0

1 for bring in if it's a heavy downpour, 1 for don't :eek:

I need more opinions lol

I'll be putting them out today and they have sprouted yet, but they will probably the same day it's going to rain.

Btw im talking is rain alright for seeds that are in soil but haven't sprouted?

18. I'm not just talking about a heavy downpour. I mean 3 weeks of constant rain, the field opposite my house has turned into a lake. I checked on them a few days after it started because I was worried the soil would be washed away but it was fine. I left them but they are probably underwater now. The funny thing is we're having a drought.

19. [quote name='"Anonymous303"']I'm not just talking about a heavy downpour. I mean 3 weeks of constant rain, the field opposite my house has turned into a lake. I checked on them a few days after it started because I was worried the soil would be washed away but it was fine. I left them but they are probably underwater now. The funny thing is we're having a drought.[/quote]

Oh, lol, I'm talking 2 days equaling .20 inches of rain *estimate* total

20. That shouldn't pose any problem at all.