starting seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by robby.toney, Sep 27, 2007.

1. whats up everybody? i had started some seeds in foxfarm ocean forest and it burned them pretty bad, and have since started a few more in half foxfarm half coco coir and it seems to have given them a faster start...does anyone have a recommendation for starting seeds? id like to begin the rest of my seeds with absolutely no burn. ive heard pure worm castings are good but i have not tried them yet.

2. I use 6 parts promix, 2 parts earthworm castings and 6 parts perlite and about 2tbsp of powdered lime to that. I use this mix successfully for germinating, veg and flower along with botanicare products and molasses. I use rooting hormone the schultz stuff from home depot to get the seeds to germinate in pretty much 24-448 hours guaranteed. IT works great. Just get them wet drop them in hormone then plant it.

3. here's how I do it
    I germinate the sponge in an ordinary dish washing sponge(just cut a small slit soak the sponge and put a few seeds in the slit, usually germinate by the next day)
    then place the germinated seed into a peat pellet where I let it sit in normal daylight till it sprouts the first two leaves then I plant the peat pellet into Fox Farm ocean forest
    I've been doing this for a few grows now and never had a problem

4. nice the sponge idea I have seen before seems like a great idea cause it holds moisture so well.