Starting seeds??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mstudy88, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Is it ok to start seeds under the 600w or is it stupid? (Trying to save money on the seed light)??????

2. its fine, just don't keep the lamp too close @ first. a few feet away for the first week , then lower it a few inches per day till around 18 inches.

is it magnetic or digital , if digital you may just be able to turn it down to around 150 watts and then start around 18 inches too

3. THIS. I started my current grow under a 400w MH. But I started with 50% (dimmable ballast) and progressively worked up to 100%. No problems at all.

4. Thank you guys, I love this place!!!

Attached Files:

5. First of all I'm not a noob, I've been growing along time(look at my posts). I'm just trying to figure out the the difference between the two. What could a fluorescent light be doing that would make it worth while as the small seed light?? 

6. We know how to start seeds were not talking about that.

7. Works fine for me. Granted, my setup is 400w dimmable to 50%, so I started out at 200w. I never had any issues.

8. As long as its far enough away it will work. Fact. Case in point a seed will sprout and grow in the sun. The end. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 patriofarmer, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014

It was such a simple question, and the reasoning was in parenthesis.  To be clear, no one advised the OP to start the seeds under the lamp in question, rather stated it's fine to save your money at this step.  I'd rather spend that money on building my soil, or put it towards security, ie. a better carbon filter.  

Is spending an extra $50 on other equipment necessary?  My opinion, absolutely not.  Is it tantamount to disaster to have them under a 600 watt, absolutely not.  Had the OP never started a seed, I might advise these extra precautions.

Quite frankly when I make bold statements that call others knowledge into play, I provide factual evidence so that everyone understands my prospective on the matter.  Answering a question with a question is best kept in detective screenplays, otherwise it detracts from the legitimacy of your point.  

If the debate must continue, I humbly and sincerely ask you all keep it civil.  That's all folks.

10. @[member="Mstudy88"]  Best of luck!

@[member="CL4P-TP"]
    @[member="sticky thumb"]
    @[member="OneDayJD"]

Thank you very much for your productive input in this thread, as always.

Let's end this one on a positive note.

Thread closed.  Mstudy88, rock that grow!