Starting seeds late

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by originalganja, Jun 10, 2009.

1. If someone were to start some seeds a little late into the season, would they just not reach there full potential? But still bud and everything, just not as good as they could have?

2. yes exactly

3. buy not being as good as the could have been, do you mean in potency or yield?

4. Yield. Could it effect potency as well?

5. Wondering the same exact thing my friend. Just planted a couple new seeds, gonna see what happens, if anyone can answer some of my questions please visit my blog/thread. Thanks :)

6. #6 Fungardner, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009

The plant will grow but when the time falls back then they will go into the flowering stage. Its up to mother nature when it's outside :rolleyes:
    I have seen and had plants that when planted late in the season like late July or beyond end up with shorter plants because the vegatative state was shortened. But have nice dense short buds that seemed really nice to smoke. Its rather basic to know that anytime the growing conditions or environment of a plant is altered (plant late less veggy growth) that in doing so, will lessen it's potential compared to a plant grown during "normal" season conditions and time considerations.

Peace,
    FG

7. Thanks for the info :smoke:

8. Ahh sweet, in that case im about to start a couple more plots just in case. :) Thanks for the advice.

9. Your welcome. Good luck with your grow!

Peace,
    FG

10. Not neccasarily, for instance if you start at the very beggining of the season june first for the northern latitudes and its cloudy up until june 15th then you will acctually get a greater yeild planting later on june 15th. The reason for this is that cloud cover will cause your plants to grow tall and lanky searching for light, If you start on the 15th they will grow short and bushy in response to the powerful sun and the branchs will be more capable of holding heavier buds so the plant will produce them.

11. From what I've heard/read, veg growth time doesn't affect potency, just yield.

12. Me too. Starting later gives the plant less veg time. It'll qtop growing around July 20 and begin flowering in August. If the plant is not well developed the buds will be as potent but not as heavy.

13. :D Exactly the answer I was looking for :D Thankyou and props, you guys answered both questions I had and more. If you could still look at my blog/thread and give some criticism I would appreciate it. Thanks, and ill try to get pictures up asap.:smoking:

14. What do you maen by a LITTLE late? Mid June is a LOT late to actually START seeds. That is assuming you have acquired some seeds, and aren´t just thinking about ordering them.

15. Bag seeds

16. Depends where you live like a person living in northern cali will easily get away with nice yields if they started now, as opposed to some where that doesnt get the best weather/ sunlight.

17. What about the northeast states? I already have 9 babies poking up and 15 getting ready to.... Will I still be alright? What should I expect for my female/male ratio? Along with how low will my yield be if i keep them in pots? Thanks:smoking:

18. At the moment in the growing forums there are about 3 threads running on this exact same topic.