Starting Seeds for Bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by noctorum, Nov 18, 2005.

1. This is the article I read about starting seeds for bubble buckets;

Now, my question;

After the tap-root grows out of the rockwool cube, can I place it directly into my main 6" orchid pot/5 gallon bubble buckets as per the instructions for putting them into the 2 gallon bucket?

Thanks for any help :)

2. Yup :D

There should be no problem

3. HIGH All, me I just use clones for Bubble Buckets...nothing worse than planting your seeds and finding 1/2 or more are male...I hate taking care and useing Ferts on Males that I don't want.

4. Thats the problem, I have no clones. I was thinking about after a week of veg growth, I could sex them early with a paper bag over a growtip. Get rid of the males then, take cuttings from the females, and fill back up the buckets. Half the crop would be ahead of the rest, but that just means more weed for me. Would this work?

5. Yeah, except one plant has more than enough room to grow in a 5 gal container sam. DWC buckets are cheap as hell, yield 5oz a plant easy (avg), and, with this plan;

http://www.overgrow.com/article/12

are easy to maintain

6. have you ever seen a bucket when its ready to be harvested? the storage tub method is way better, you can produce LOOOTS more bubbles due to the giant amount of water, and that means more oxygen and nutrients pushed into the roots. You can produce lots and lots of bud with 6 plants in one storage tub. Way easier than doing 6 seperate DWC buckets

7. You can produce plenty of bubbles in a bucket dude, and lots and lots of bud too. The instructions call for 7 buckets, too :p

I'll need more CO2 before a lack of oxygen is an issue.

I'm growing from bagseed, some plants are going to need more/less of nutes. I can't fix one plants problems as easily in a single tub as if they were in seperate buckets.

8. I have the same perdicament. I am gearing up for my second grow and I dont have any clones. I orderered some Hindu Kush seeds but I am think that it may be better to get some feminized seeds so I wont waste time on males. Anyone have experiance with feminized seeds?