starting seedlings indoors then transfering outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RustyDeizel, Apr 7, 2010.

1. OK so ive done this before in NM and now i live in Iowa i have 4 seedlings i just planted and converted my computer desk into a covert seedling cabinet. I have 2 18inch CFLs to start them out and I have the pots close as possible to the lights. Right now im waiting for them to break the soil then ima keep em in there til they get big enough to put outdoors. I also have two computer fans 1 pushing fresh air in and an outtake aswell.

2. so checked up on things the temp is 71 and the humidity is 60% @ midnight so that should be a perfect temp. Im not sure if light really matters right now since they havent broke soil yet but i have the timers set to turn off at midnight and turn on @ 7am to get them started. Also a month down the road i plan on adding some blood and bone food to the soil for some extra spiff and my second round of germ seeds should be done in another day and halffffff, peace fellow greenthumzzz

3. You are correct.....heat is most important at this point. Once they break soil, then get those CFLs on them. Keep them close (6-8") so they don't stretch and they should be stout by the time spring rolls around and the weather allows outdoor planting. Good luck!

4. yes sir and thnx for commenting I am more just planting them for something to do I really Enjoy watching, smelling and tending to them after work everyday and if they bud before i move this summer than I guess I did well, its been nice here the past two weeks so i figure by the time they are about 8inches or more tall there should be no frost to worry about.

5. so both the first two that i germinated then planted have broke soil i have them as close to the lights as possible i shall post some pix later tonight when i have time to take them, and also i planted 2 more germinated seeds so all is well so far.

6. thats greaat. looking forward to seeing some pics. good luck bro.

7. aight so im really chillaxed right now after tokin and dont feel like taking pics and uploading them soooo ill just describe what i did, I rearranged my 2 18inch cfls and also added a massive 45w 6500k CFL and used aluminum tape or whatever its called and put that on all the walls so that the light is reflect all angels back to the plants and used a strip of the reflective tape on the back of the 18 inch light bulbs so that all light is reflected down inside of in all directions. Also i added my final two new planted pots so now i have a total of 4 two of which have broke soil.

8. O ya I also covered my intake and outtake fans with screen so that no bugs can fly in. Im mainly telling you this so that if anyone has any further suggestions about how i can make this vegging/strating off indoor box any better bare in mind im only using it to get the plants big enough to put outside so i wont have to worry bout to much light or smell. I also planted my last germed seed that i didnt have a pot for by the bushes around my house just for shits and giggles It wont grow but i wasnt just gunna throw it away id let it grow til it was big enough to magnify and look at. peeaceee HAPPY TIMES WAIT!!!!!

9. so the first seed that broke soil is doing good and another one just didnt make it and one is kinda stuck and has been for 2 days but i have faith. I also started germinating one of my autoflowering lowrider seeds which was part of a multi surprise pack so to say it contains lowryder deisel and a ton other kinds.

10. so theres really no point in taking pix right now since they aren;t big yet and the lights i have dont exactly give out enough light to give them that extra umph for growth plus i plan on throwing them outside in 2 weeks but when i get this autoflowering seed in the soil i plan on growing that indoors so ill post pix on that one since its a mystery of what kind it is i had 2 autoflowering lowriders before and one had a blue tint to it and the other was just dark greeen with white ish hairs so it will be cool to let everyone see first hand the experience ( ps I know if your reading this your thinking wow this guy has no life commenting to himself but hey this is my way of relieving stress even if they die or what not its still fun to grow and watch them grow) :wave:

11. good luck! I live in IA too, working on an indoor and outdoor grow this year, i'll stick around and see how yours turns out!

12. Sometime a man has to do what a man has to do.

Sorry I didn;t get here sooner, but I was busy growing weed.

13. eh thnx for that DIY reflector link i might try that but my cfl's are massive spirals so they are bigger than that box so not sure ill ponder on that, oh and to anyone keeping tabs on my progress the autoflower seed i was germinating has sprouted i checked it this morning i put it back in the towel tho gunna let it get a lil bigger maybe tonight ill plant it