Starting Plans

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buzzedupsnowman, Sep 27, 2011.

1. How does this all sound?

345W Penetrator LED Grow Light | LED Growing Lights | Hydro Grow LED

The 345W LED's, I'll use one for 4 flowering females. They will be kept in a 4'x4'x5' grow tent with 4 sq. ft. for each. Their retail price is $1500 but I am getting them new with 2.5 years left on their warranty at $450.

Then I will buy a 400 Watt HTG High Pressure Sodium ballast, reflector, and bulb for $75. I'll use that on about 6-10 vegging plants/mothers/clones (under a foot each, or lst'd) at a time. They'll be in a 4'x2'x4' grow tent.

2. T5s are cheaper to buy, cost less to run, and do a better job then LEDs IME

a "4 footer 4 bulb" should compliment a 400 watt HID flower chamber well

3. The penetrator panels work very good, I have a 63w and it does far better then the 110w of flouros I was using previously. If you can get that good of a deal on em I'd say go for it...they're well worth full price imo.

4. big difference between T5s and CFLs

5. So T5 give off more lumina then Cfl? Is there big difference on output between 2 foot and 4 foot T5?

6. not really a big difference ime, slightly more lumens per watt. pll's still trump t-5ho though, which is what I use for flouros now.. I still prefer to run my 2 63w led panels instead of my 4' x 6bulb t-5 setup....and it's about a 3rd the watts.

as I said if you can get a deal on those panels I'd swoop them up, you won't be disappointed.

7. What I'm wondering is if those lights will be enough for all of the plants I plan to keep.

8. #8 Bongsauce, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    I think 345w in a 4x4 would produce good results, not great..I read wrong at first and thought you were getting 2 panels? or are you just getting one for the 4x4'? My 63w does great in 2 sq feet.

9. I wish I could get two panels. I would if I didn't also have to also think about rent, food, gas, college tuition next year, various car repairs, and a season pass for the mountain.

Unless something miraculous happens.

Might I be able to supplement the 345W LED with a second or third HPS?

And how about the 400W HPS for a 4'x2'?