Starting Over

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Reggae420, Jan 29, 2009.

1. I am starting my plant over becasue I made some poor decisions, I am going to get new soil becasue the miracle grow has not been working at all and I need some advice, what should I do to get top quality soil for my plant? Do I buy soil with nothing in it and then get nutrients seperatly and put them in the soil before I plant or put them in the soil once in a while? Please help me with this soil mixture that would be best for my plant, thanks.

2. You obviously have a great deal of reading to do, much of what you are asking about is readily available in the grow guides and sticky posts.

You probably will get recommendations for Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. A very good soil, but at a very steep price. Here is a recipe that has always worked well for me, at a much better price:

4 parts organic potting soil (any brand, just make sure it does not have any added ferts)
    3 parts sphagnum moss
    2 parts worm castings (Wally World now sells this, cheap)
    1 part or more perlite
    1 part clean sand

Buy ferts separately and add about once a week with waterings. Don't feed fresh sprouts during the first 2 weeks, then start at 1/4 strength and build up from there. Veg stage and flower stage require different ferts. Flush when switching between veg and flower and again about 2 weeks before harvest, then don't feed anymore after that final flush just before harvest.

3. Thanks for the help man

4. If you want simplicity, hang off on fertilzers and manure and all that jazz.

Get PLAIN soil. You know, ground up bark, perlite, sand and peatmoss or coco.
    The bag should weigh a lot less than the same sized bag of dogfood.

You want nice fluffy soil but without any added nutrients or it being "Enhanced" in any way.

Get a plain bag of vermiculite
    Get a plain bag of Perlite

Mix your dirt 50% dirt, 25% vermiculite and 25% perlite.

Super fluffy dirt now, eh?

Get General Hydroponics FloraNova nutrients. A pint of the Grow and a quart of the Bloom.

They'll last you quite a while. If it takes you a while to get the nutes don't worry, the wait is worth it.

Then follow the link in my sig for growing like a pro for how to feed your babies.

You'll be absolutely freaking stunned at what beautiful plants you can grow this way.
    I've used the GH 3-part for years and have NEVER seen such lush beautiful, SOFT, HEALTHY looking plants. :hello:

Enjoy ;)