Starting over! Day 14ish

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Outdoorliving05, Jan 28, 2021.

1. #1 Outdoorliving05, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Some of you may have saw the older journal I started. Which was a fail. I basically over watered the girls and they never grew.

well, here goes round two! I bought an aerogardner to get the two plants started. It worked great!

they were in the aerogardner for about 14 days. Or so. The counter reset on me so I don’t remember exactly.

This morning I transplanted them into red solo cups with my compost mix.
    Which I’ll give the mix and all my setup details tomorrow when I’m at my computer.

but here they are! What do you guys think? I do plan on clipping the center stim. Maybe in another 4-5 days?

Plant one and two. Feminized seeds.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd let it grow a little while yet. Let it develop some rootszones

Looking pretty though!
    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yepp they are already infected.
    It's rampent Solo Cup Disease.
    I'll never understand the facination.
    They are the most unsutable POS to grow in.
    To tall. To narrow a base.
    Sigh.
    3x3x3 inch square nursery cups please.
    upload_2021-1-27_16-39-9.jpeg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ll order those

• Winner Winner x 1

5. Thank you! I’ll give them some more time.

6. Just as a rule of thumb for me, I don’t start topping until at least when I start seeing new shoots growing out at the base of the first few sets of leaves. Once those shoots start growing, it’s a bit easier for the plant to quickly redirect nutrients to them when you clip the top. Plus that gives you some time for the roots to fill out as @Patricia Clemons wisely suggested. Good luck. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. Took some new pictures today

They appear to be pretty healthy still. Fingers crossed they stay that way. I am going to give them a little bit of distilled water later tonight with a spray bottle.

Attached Files:

8. Another update
    I watered them right after I took this picture.

I’m heading into town soon to pick up 7 gallon pots. I think in another week I’ll transplant them into 7 gallon pots and put them in the grow tent

Attached Files:

9. After u transplant. I water like away at least a couple of inches. Ur plant is the . Dont water the bullseye. This will make ur roots reach for the water and feeds. I started using bigfoot mykos water in 3 times a grow. Omg roots like hydro

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Solos aren't the worst. I've found an extremely successful method.

I cut my solos in half, fill with seedling mix, plant seed. After sprout from soil, 10-12 days and she's ready to be TPd.

I think this plant is sitting pretty decent for 21 days. Would be further along if it weren't for the cooler root zones for periods of time and really low RH. Also my lighting is slightly intense after moving to the 20g tote but my head height is maxed in my tent.
    Just have to find what works for you
    Screenshot_20210204-074521_Chrome.jpg

11. Thanks for the info guys

here’s another updated picture of the ladies. I have a humidifier in the room. It’s not helping at all

How are they looking?

I think I’m going to transplant the taller one this weekend Into the 7 gallon air pot, and put it in the grow tent. I was thinking about bubbling up some tea to feed them once they are transplanted. Thoughts and opinions please

Attached Files:

12. I moved them into the tent. I haven’t transplanted them yet. This humidity issue is killing me

It’s averaging 18/20% with the lights on and off. I have to buckets full of water in the tent. One outside of the tent.
    A wet towel inside the tent. My humidifier was supposed to be here today but it didn’t show up.

I’m afraid the low humidity is going to kill the plants.

It also looks like they stretched a little too much?
    it just seems
    Like they aren’t doing as good as they should.

Advice please

Attached Files:

13. I have some tea brewing for the ladies

Half a cup of worm castings
    1 cop of compost
    Half a table spoon of seaweed extract
    Half a table spoon of molasses

I’m going to let it brew for about 15-18 hours

The new humidifier is supposed to be here today. I’ll get it in the tent and get it going as soon as it shows up

14. Plants are transplanted and will spend the rest of their lives in the 7 gallon air pots.

I gave each of them about 1/4 of gallon of tea that I had brewing for 24 hours after.

I’ll post updated pictures tomorrow. I don’t feel like they are growing like they should. It seems like they are stunted. Maybe I left them in the solo cups for too long?

15. Things are getting Harry

I brought the lights down closer. They are looking worse and worse everyday.

I’m not sure what’s going on. A buddy told me they need nutrients. But the thing is I’m using a soil mixture to where I was told
    Not to use nutrients because I won’t need to with this soil mix.

Here’s some new pictures as of this morning. I’m still fighting the humidity. I have two humidifiers in the tent now and the humidity won’t go over 30%. Low as 18/20%. I lowered my fan setting down to 2. Hoping it would keep humidity in. Not working.
    Temps are around 78ish when the lights are on. Down to about 60-63 when lights are off. On for 18 hours. Off for 6.

Attached Files:

16. Relax i grew for the last 10 years in the so cal desert. So 20 is good rh for me. Not a deal breaker. Not ideal but relax

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

• Like Like x 1

18. I’ll do that here soon and see what happens. They look a little better tonight. I gave them
    Plain distilled water early this morning

19. Updated pictures
    I’ve been giving them plain distilled water

I’m doing the soil test when I get home from work tonight

Attached Files: