Starting Outdoor Grow October 1st too late?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by paintballerb2k, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Hello everyone, I am new to outdoor growing. I grew and harvested my first successful organic outdoor plants a couple weeks ago. These were just test plants since I usually grow indoor. Needless to say they grew amazing - very sticky, aromatic, flavorful etc. Outdoor organic produces way better yields/quality than indoor hydroponic from my experiences. (And is 100x cheaper!)

I put some more plants outside on October 1st, my question is: Have I already missed my window for putting plants outside? I live in northern California (bay area) and don't want my plants getting too cold/frosted when it hits December. Will they be ruined by that time? They will most likely not be done until the first week of December.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. i dont know too much about california weather but watch out for heavy frost and days of rain , leave them out as long as you can then take them indoors for finish under light if so be it, ...question.....were these plants seedlings that went out on oct 1 or fully veg?

3. They all have vegged about 1-1.5 feet tall before I put them outside. Definitely large enough to flower. I suppose I could always just put them inside soon as the weather gets too cold/wet for them. That way I could save on some electricity.

4. keep them out as long as your happy , use your sense , if you make mistakes you learn {we all make mistakes sometimes}, just keep a close eye on them for budrot especially if there is a lot of morning dew {tends to be around this time o year} and good luck with it , see it as an experiment ,like you say you already got plenty dank , experimenting is easier with a jar full of green to ease your panics;)