Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Starting Out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NDF, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hi- *waves*  Totally new here and new to, well, all of this.

Quick backstory- I am trying mj as a means to help me combat anxiety/stress issues.  I mostly want to deal with butters, oils, tinctures, etc, but I figure that I will be smoking at least here in the beginning until I am able to get the other made (esp the tincture as that will take me a good 6wks for it to be ready) and probably intermittently in the future.  I'm not looking to get stoned of of my mind- just to mellow myself out and chill the fuck out (because apparently I store up tension and can't release it).   

And even though I have my husband, who is an ex-toker, to assist me, I would like more experience as well to give me a broader idea of my options.  

Right now all I have is a pretty little glass pipe with some screens- simple and effective for a few tokes here & there as needed.  I want "healthier" options, if possible.  I'm looking into some raw hemp papers possibly with some natural cotton filters to prevent excessive gunk in my lungs (ex-cig smoker- tar creeps me out now, lol) and maybe even a bong since the water will help naturally filter some out.  A vaporizer isn't really in the cards right now financially, but probably at some point in the future.  

Can anyone help a sister out on getting started?  (be easy on me as I'm trying to learn all of this)

Thanks!  Much love and greatly appreciated.  

NDF

2. Bongs are the bomb, I'd highly suggest one. I often hear that they are indeed healthier but I don't know the science behind it other than the water filters out contaminants.
    If possible, stick to indicas, since you're looking for real mellow. If you don't know the differences between sativa/indica I'm sure your husband can help, otherwise all the information you need can be found on GC.
    Just remember not to rush yourself, getting too stoned and having a panic attack really, really, really sucks.
    And as for healthy options, you should definitely spring for a vape when you can afford it.

3. I do recommend a bong, you'll make the most out of your weed.

4. Spoon or bong defiently, joints arn't really healthy unless your smoking them pure. (Which I don't like. Vape is the healthiest option though. U can buy small ones for the price of a bong tbh.