Starting out in Promix.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MisterWinter, Oct 29, 2014.

1. I'm about half into my first grow with 60/40 coco. I've been reading about Promix and have been curious to try it, so I picked up a bag at the hydro store yesterday.

I think my coco grow may have been slow the first few weeks from not adding *any* nutes to the coco.. I had planned to presoak the coco in some nute water this time around. I've heard Promix comes with some bioadditives and a short nute charge. Should I still presoak Promix or will jus.t the contents of the medium carry me through- and if so, how long before I need to start feeding?

I'm also reading the pH should be a little higher- like 6.0 instead of 5.8. Honestly, this bums me out a little because my solutions have been coming out right at 5.8 from mix.. so now I'm looking at an extra step of adding pH^^.  The more I stare at this bag, the more I feel like I'm switching out of coco before I completely understand it. So which is better- Basic knowledge of many mediums, or mastery of one?

2. I got HP, by the way. And it's still unopened so swapping it for another bag of coco isn't out of the question.

3. Coco is arguably better than soil for yield/potency. It's basically hand watered hydro. Stick with it and get it right would be my advice. I try and avoid any medium that is pre fertilized.
    From a soil grower

Hey thanks aG. I think promix is peat based and considered soilless, but apart from that you're pretty much confirming what I'm starting to think. I still want to try it for a run but at this point another coco grow would let me build on what I learned in this one, instead of starting from zero knowledge again.

5. Your grow looks great by the way, that was a fast veg.